does anyone knows about the hc3 diet?

Options
my husband's boss did this diet (i know they are drops) and he lost 42 lbs in 42 days...its one of those things that are just too good to be true.. but I am thinking about trying this diet, Im just not so sure about it. has any of you done this diet before?

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Inb4 locked

Also, please use the search function and search for "hcg".
  • HUstrawberry
    Options
    I have a friend doing that diet and she says that you're supposed to eat only 500 calories per day on that diet. She has lost like 6 lbs in 4 days but seems like she's barely eating in my opinion. I think I'm going to stick to simply eating right and exercising and hope my body sees results.
  • mrreyes
    mrreyes Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    so i guess it is too good to b true hu :-/
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    so i guess it is too good to b true hu :-/

It puts you on an extremely low calorie dangerous diet. AND the drops do nothing. It is stupid. The fact that people still question this everyday blows my mind. :(
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    not allowed to discuss this here, this thread will be locked ..
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    You lose weight eating 500 calories even if you don't use that product. I like food to much.
  • blsdhands
    blsdhands Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    To be successful we must develop an eating plan we can live with long term. The body simply cannot function on 500 calories per day and to be fit we must exercise. This low number of calories would make exercise almost a killer!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I did a blog post on dieting http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Mama2SethandOlivia/view/stop-dieting-and-start-living-233035

Pretty simple, diets fail because diets are pretty much like "Eat as little as possible and lose weight" I've not found 1 diet that works. I found MFP counting calories, working out, and learning to eat right with portion control, food scale, and not trying to find a quick fix, to work best. A lot of the new diets out there say you can only have 800 calories a day, yeah, I wonder why you lose weight, if I starved myself without their product, I could lose the weight, but it wouldn't last to long before I started to gain it again. No thanks I'll pass :)
  • mrreyes
    Options
    yeah you all are right, it is obvious that i will definitely lose weight by only eating 500 cal per day even with out those drops that i dont even know whats on them. that is just an easy and wrong way of losing weight. thanks you all! :flowerforyou:
  • mrreyes
    Options

why?
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options

why?

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

For the time being, HCG discussions remain an option for members in private Groups. Please remember that even in Groups, all site wide rules must be correctly moderated, or the Group runs the risk of deletion. Specifically, endorsement of purchasing prescription supplements or medications without a prescription is in violation of the MyFitnessPal posting guidelines, which can be reviewed here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    they close all threads that are about hcg and this is what MFP says
    some one got in b4 me
    ---
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

For the time being, HCG discussions remain an option for members in private Groups. Please remember that even in Groups, all site wide rules must be correctly moderated, or the Group runs the risk of deletion. Specifically, endorsement of purchasing prescription supplements or medications without a prescription is in violation of the MyFitnessPal posting guidelines, which can be reviewed here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I would never do a diet that can't even be discussed.
    Seriously no one gained the weight in 30 days so we shouldn't expect to lose it in such short time. Focus on getting healthy and the weight will follow.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    You lose weight only to gain it all back + more.

Tried and true way to weight loss: Exercise, eat for fuel.
  • babbycakess
    Options
    i did the diet and lost 35 pounds and got healthy enough to get pregnant. but i didn't do the 500 calories i did 700. 500 is to low my friend did 500 and it put her body into starvation mode and she stopped losing after 15 and you cant cheat or you have to eat just 6 apples a day but with a higher calorie count you wont feel the need to cheat
  • retroskyowl
    Options
    Well if its on such a low calorie intake, from experience, if youre only eating about 500 calories, when you lose all the weight, and start to eat a bit more normally, your body will store it straight away, and you will gain the lbs in a matter of days..
    Tried it! And I weighed 2 days later and I was 7lbs heavier!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Any diet where you lose 20 pounds in 4 days is guaranteed to ensure you'll gain it back plus interest. Slow and steady wins. And is maintainable for life.
This discussion has been closed.