Love my softness

Options
So I'm a female who has always loved being "soft" and having thickness on me. I honestly don't even have an issue being "plus sized". I am here to just get in better shape in general because my softness has expanded out of control Lol. I sometimes feel weird because I don't have a weight loss goal that will make me thin, and I wonder if a fitness website such as this one will have anyone who can relate to me. I'm 236 now and my goal is 180 (175 at the lowest).

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Is there a particular reason? Because you like looking a certain way? Or? As long as your goal is to be HEALTHY then to each their own!
  • HUstrawberry
    Options
    Yes, I do like looking a certain way, it's what I find attractive when I look in the mirror. But over the past few years the weight has gotten out of control and I haven't been living a healthy lifestyle. I want to become healthy again and get back to the cute, quirky, cuddly girl I was versus the all out big girl that I am now. My softness was sexy to me, but it has ballooned out to become more than just soft. It's squishy now Lol
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    All fitness goals are welcomed here. Feel free to stay awhile. :-).

p.s. My goal is also 180.
  • 7bel0
    7bel0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree with you more!
    I'm in the same boat. My once "soft sexiness" has turned into "flabby awfulness." That's just how I look at myself. I have the SAME exact weight and same exact goals that you have! :)
  • mrstword
    mrstword Posts: 20
    Options
    Add me girl I know EXACTLY what you're saying girl.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    All fitness goals are welcome here.

I am 5'4" and I currently weigh 145-150lbs. According to what you'll read in articles, see on charts or even see on this site -- most people consider 150lbs too heavy for someone my height. Now, I do have a larger frame, but I still see most women that are my height who want to be a lot thinner than I am. I like how I look at 150lbs. I'm curvy - which I love. I'm healthy (had blood work and other tests done) and content at this size. There's NOTHING written that says you must be a certain weight at a certain height. Do what makes YOU feel good and what is healthy for you. Don't worry about what anyone else says (this is a lesson that took me a LONG time to learn because I was constantly judging myself for not being as small as people said I should be).
  • mjbauer
    mjbauer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I LOVE my curves, and I'm not here to get to some strangers ideal of 'beauty'... But I'm here to get healthy and more active.. I put my goal as 170, although I may reassess when I get there... My weight was out of control, 285 at my heaviest a couple of years ago but I'm down to 220 now and am loving exercise, never thought I would say that! I've spent the last two years up and down the same 15 pounds which is frustrating but I've found a new focus and I love MFP. I never realized how great working out really feels and all the extra energy I have!
    Regardless of your fitness goals working towards something you want is great, you and your happiness are what's important, not the numbers on the scale!

Good luck on your journey!
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I started at 235 and have a goal of 170. I might change that when I get there, might not. I've always been a curvy girl and have no delusions of being "skinny" by any definition. In fact, at 5'6" I'll still be "overweight" even at my goal, just not obese!

I just wanna look good -- in clothes and out!

Feel free to add me if you want some curvy support ;-)
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I guess you could say I'm kind of like that. I'm not really big (I am a bit heavy for someone of my height...) but I like being soft. I have crazy abs under the fat...and I like it that way. I want just a touch less fat though, but I wouldn't like my body if I had no fat and I was all hard muscles...but that's just me. Of course arms I would love muscle. However, I do think my shoulders are fairly wide and muscular for someone of my size.. :( But oh well. Nothing I can do about that.
  • mstcass
    mstcass Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ditto!
  • Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    All fitness goals are welcome here.

I am 5'4" and I currently weigh 145-150lbs. According to what you'll read in articles, see on charts or even see on this site -- most people consider 150lbs too heavy for someone my height. Now, I do have a larger frame, but I still see most women that are my height who want to be a lot thinner than I am. I like how I look at 150lbs. I'm curvy - which I love. I'm healthy (had blood work and other tests done) and content at this size. There's NOTHING written that says you must be a certain weight at a certain height. Do what makes YOU feel good and what is healthy for you. Don't worry about what anyone else says (this is a lesson that took me a LONG time to learn because I was constantly judging myself for not being as small as people said I should be).

Awesome! I find 150 to be my "happy weight." I hope to get back there!!! I'm just an inch taller than you at 5'5, but I love my curves at that size!!!