Anyone else feel better but scale not budging??

Options
I know my body pretty well and can tell when I gain or lose even a pound. I feel like I've gotten tighter, leaner but the scale hasn't moved. Anyone else have that?? It's frustrating!

Replies

• Ittybitty22
    Ittybitty22 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    k i sure do
  • ahnpe
    ahnpe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. But keep in mind, the scale isn't always the best way to go. If it's been a while since you have really put yourself through anything that really makes you sweat, it could be either water weight or plain gaining muscle that's keeping you from losing weight. The 'water weight' will go away after a while and you'll see significant difference.

This is also why I take pics every few weeks to mark my progress, and measure my waist as well. That way when the scale fails to recognize your hard work, you can find it somewhere else!
  • Bmjnash
    Bmjnash Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    That's y I bought a scale that measures body fat too. To if the weight doesn't change I can see if I am loosing body fat
  • mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I know my body pretty well and can tell when I gain or lose even a pound. I feel like I've gotten tighter, leaner but the scale hasn't moved. Anyone else have that?? It's frustrating!

That's not uncommon and it is the reason that you should never measure your success solely on the scales.......time to break out the measuring tapes and/or monitor your workout performance as a supplement.