constant bloating :(

Options
For the last week or so I have been so bloated. I feel heavy and it looks disgusting. Looks like im pregnant which is not a look I'm going for. Has anyone else had this? I feel full quick too and it's hard to eat certain things. Cause I'll feel sick when I look , think of and smell certain food.

I will be seeing a doctor this week but would like some idea of what it might be!

Replies

• BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    constant bloating...sounds like a country song title. Dollars to donuts you are allergic to something. Sensitive to wheat products maybe? Just a random guess.
  • haylz24
    haylz24 Posts: 225
    Options
    I will ask them about that. I dont have an awful lot of wheat though
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    The reason I say that is that a cousin of mine got awful bloating. Turns out she was mildly celiac. Whatever that is. Wheat or flour in products or something. She adjusted her diet and now is fine. It came on all of a sudden too. Never had an allergy before.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i was going to suggest wheat/gluten allergies as well. gluten is in way more things than you think
  • gsmitty1
    gsmitty1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes i have the same feeling and I wonder what I ate to trigger this, gotta look into the wheat allergies .... =_)
  • haylz24
    Options
    I'll def tell them to look into it for me. It's just such a crappy feeling! Thanks guys :)
  • hoyfoys
    hoyfoys Posts: 1
    Options
    Hiya. I found the same and think I'm slightly lactose intolerant. It seems milk is worst, yoghurts and cheese aren't so bad. Doing exercise just makes it worse. I stopped drinking milk when I lost weight but now I'm trying to stabilise my weight I'm drinking more and it's come back. It does sound like some form of intolerance, though. I'm cutting out milk to see if that cures it.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    My first question to you would be how high is your sodium intake on a typical day, and how high is your potassium? If you are getting too much sodium and too little potassium, your body can't regulate the water levels in your body properly, and you are likely to retain a lot of it. Hopefully it is that and nothing like an allergy or something more serious, because sodium can always be reduced! :) Good luck to you!
  • haylz24
    Options
    My first question to you would be how high is your sodium intake on a typical day, and how high is your potassium? If you are getting too much sodium and too little potassium, your body can't regulate the water levels in your body properly, and you are likely to retain a lot of it. Hopefully it is that and nothing like an allergy or something more serious, because sodium can always be reduced! :) Good luck to you!

My potassium is set to 3500 but I never get that much! Its in the hundreds. And sodium is set to 2500. I have no idea if these are right or wrong!
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I went to see a doctor about bloating and acid reflux.

I was told to avoid (or eat very little of) red meat,dairy,gluten, wheat and very acidic fruits and when i do follow that i have no problems!
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    could you be preggers? Bloating, nausea when looking at & smelling food. sounds up the duff to me. :glasses:

Otherwise look back through your food diary & see if you have recently introduced foods that were not a normal part of your diet previously. If there are several then go through & eliminate each one individually for up to 4 days at a time & see if the symptoms improve. I tend to get that way if I eat white bread, stomach swells up & I gain 5lbs overnight. Not fun
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options

My potassium is set to 3500 but I never get that much! Its in the hundreds. And sodium is set to 2500. I have no idea if these are right or wrong!

2500 is more a guideline than anything else, unless you have a medical condition, you shouldn't need to exceed 1000mg of sodium a day. It's almost impossible these days to keep your sodium that low though. I personally find on days when I can get in twice the amount of potassium as I do in sodium, I feel much better overall. More energy, less heavy / bloated, and clean. I feel really gross if I have too much sodium. lol. Another thing to keep in mind is that a lot of food nutrition labels do not include the potassium on them, so it might be a good idea to check online to see if what you're eating actually has a substantial amount of potassium in it or not. That and drinking enough water every day is a good way to keep your fluids regulated. :) And if you are going to the doctor, I'm sure you could have your potassium level checked.
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    i have had this!! and im tiny so i really shows on me. i actually thought i was preggers, so i took a test and i wasnt. anyway i think mines probably a yeast intollerancew because when i cut out bread i dont bloat! but i like bread so i still eat it sometimes!! also i think chocolate has the same effect on me as does pasta.
  • vamp603
    vamp603 Posts: 5
    Options
    Could be irritable bowl, a problem that I have had for some years now. If so then you need to look at food combinations and try get your stomache enzyme levels checked. Unfortunately for this problem it is a matter of trial and error and I personally am still working on it. The only thing I know for deffinate is that I am dairy intollerant.