Couch to 5k - will i be able for it?

Options
Really want to do C25K but im always getting headaches and vomiting after workouts.
I'm able for Leslie Sansone's walking workouts, though the workout with the 2 minute jogs left me with a headache afterwards (not during workout).
I'm usually alright after doing Zumba DVD's but got headache n threw up after the classes, and Davina McCalls DVD's gave me a headache and made me throw up afterwards...
The strictly come dancing workout dvd is easy for me.
As for the gym, I'm okay on a treadmill though i usually just walk, but did a cross trainer recently and was down with a headache for the day!
Used to be in educogym and that was fine though... (educogyms all core/resistance not cardio)

Does anyone think i'd be able for c25k? Or should i give it a miss? (i have never ran before)

Replies

• cherryolac
    Options
    I feel alot like that when my blood sugar is low, are you getting enough sugar and proteing(to maintain blood sugar) before you run? I'm not a runner(obviously) but that would be my educated guess.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Really want to do C25K but im always getting headaches and vomiting after workouts.
    I'm able for Leslie Sansone's walking workouts, though the workout with the 2 minute jogs left me with a headache afterwards (not during workout).
    I'm usually alright after doing Zumba DVD's but got headache n threw up after the classes, and Davina McCalls DVD's gave me a headache and made me throw up afterwards...
    As for the gym, I'm okay on a treadmill though i usually just walk, but did a cross trainer recently and was down with a headache for the day!
    Used to be in educogym and that was fine though... (educogyms all core/resistance not cardio)

Does anyone think i'd be able for c25k? Or should i give it a miss? (i have never ran before)

First off, definitely pay a visit to your doctor just to rule out any problems.

Secondly, that headache may be due to your blood pressure rising during and after exercise, I think I know the headache you mean, it's sort of like a gripping excrutiating one?

When you are sick it may be associated with the headaches, hence why a visit to the doctors may be a good idea.

If it is something like blood pressure, that can then be controlled.
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    I feel alot like that when my blood sugar is low, are you getting enough sugar and proteing(to maintain blood sugar) before you run? I'm not a runner(obviously) but that would be my educated guess.
    Thats actually what i was thinking. My blood sugars on the low side of average (just over 4 - probably 4.5). Maybe thats why im always sick when i work out. I really want to be able to though as sometimes walking just aint enough!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I always forget something :(

Ensure you are drinking fluids as you train, sometimes that sickness can also be associated with electrolyte imbalance which can happen if you sweat a lot during workouts.

Sports drinks have things in them that rebalance electrolytes that are lost during perspiration.
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options

First off, definitely pay a visit to your doctor just to rule out any problems.

Secondly, that headache may be due to your blood pressure rising during and after exercise, I think I know the headache you mean, it's sort of like a gripping excrutiating one?

When you are sick it may be associated with the headaches, hence why a visit to the doctors may be a good idea.

If it is something like blood pressure, that can then be controlled.
    Thats exactly the headache i get! The vomiting ALWAYS follows the headaches so its definitely associated. I've been to my doctor so many times and actually had my blood pressure checked last week. Its fine, but when i first sat down i was mid -panic attack so it was high then. Apart from that - perfect.
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    I always forget something :(

Ensure you are drinking fluids as you train, sometimes that sickness can also be associated with electrolyte imbalance which can happen if you sweat a lot during workouts.

Sports drinks have things in them that rebalance electrolytes that are lost during perspiration.
    I DO sweat a lot. But drink tonnes of water. If i start C25K ill definitely be filling up on water before and after!