Weight loss Side effect!!

Options
Well i know i should be dancing with joy that my clouthes are saggy on me BUT.......
i have this two dresses which were very expensive and looked good on me but i tried to put them on today and they were like a big
tent on me. I will really miss wearing them.

Anyone else experienced this before?

Replies

• kikki29
    kikki29 Posts: 3
    Options
    Take them to a dry cleaners and see if they will take them in it is cheaper than buying new ones until you meet your goal
  • cherryolac
    Options
    Isn't that the part of the awesomeness of loosing weight is to have to go down in sizes? I'd be super excited about that!:happy:
  • eschwab855
    eschwab855 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    lets see motorcycle riding gear to big thats going to cost big bucks to replace. New wonderful very pricey leather coat my wife got me for x-mas 3xl wore like 3 times love this jacket I hope it never fit again. North Face jacket 3xl bought for my birthday 179.00 the thing is HUGE on me great jacket may be the best coat EVER I hope I never put it on again lol
  • aduffy89
    aduffy89 Posts: 7
    Options
    I got one of my favourite evening dresses taken in at an alteration centre to wear to a ball. It was the best decision ever and the compliments I got were great! Once I reach my goal weight I'll get all my other favourite dresses and work clothes taken in. It's much cheaper than buying new clothes!
  • zoeluiisa
    zoeluiisa Posts: 392
    Options
    Get down to your local tailor and get them taken in! Then you can enjoy the fact that you're slimmer and look even better in them than you did before. Shouldn't cost much, and it'll certainly be cheaper than buying new dresses.
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the good adviceses :-)
  • kellster111
    kellster111 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    If they are good quality you can always look to sell on Ebay and then usethe money to buy something new that fits.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I'm totally getting my favorite dresses taken in when I get to goal! It's worth it!
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Finding a great tailor is important. Its like having custom fit clothing!! I get stuff tailored constantly, not because I'm losing alot of weight (at my goal weight) but because I want my clothes to fit perfectly. Sometimes I buy a bigger size because I'm tall and have the waist taken it. If the two dresses are really important to you, I would wait until you reach your goal weight and have them altered. Good job on your progress!!
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Well yeah. I can't wear these 3XL things forever! :bigsmile:
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Well i know i should be dancing with joy that my clouthes are saggy on me BUT.......
    i have this two dresses which were very expensive and looked good on me but i tried to put them on today and they were like a big
    tent on me. I will really miss wearing them.

Anyone else experienced this before?

Take them to get altered!!! Most places can take in a dress at least 3 sizes, I've done this with many expensive clothes :) and Great job on the weight loss!!!
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Its usually pretty cheap to get them tailored to fit you, My mom did that with all of her work suits.