Calorie DISEASE

Options
Im having problem,Im confused,Its like for today , I eat 1500 calories of foods a day and I burned 1500 calories a day ,doenst make sense

Replies

• yusleepin
    Options
    Did you burn the 1500 calories in exercise or is that what MFP says is your Basal Metabolic Rate?
  • chriswee2012
    Options
    I burned 1500 calories ,I go jog in the morning ,evening and sometimes at night,I used to but now I stopped but Im wondering about the calorie
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I burned 1500 calories ,I go jog in the morning ,evening and sometimes at night,I used to but now I stopped but Im wondering about the calorie

At rest, doing nothing all day you probably burn around 2400 calories, so if you burn 1500 from exercise your maintenance calories would be 3900, so to lose 1 lb/week you would eat 3400 cals/day, or 2 lbs/week 2900 cals. 1500 is not enough for you. If you eat 1500 you should also eat back all the cals you burn from exercise so that would be 3000 (1500+1500).
    Eating 1500 and burning 1500, is like not eating at all on days you don't exercise as 1500-1500 = 0. This is not healthy at all.

otherwise you are going to have a host of problems including losing a lot of lean muscle.

after reading your profile for weight loss, you should not be aiming to lose more then 2lbs/week otherwise a large % of the loss will be muscle, not fat.
  • caroline_g
    caroline_g Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    If you've burned 1500 through exercise and only eaten 1500 then you're not eating enough. If you keep doing that, not only will you burn out but you'll end up doing yourself harm and will lose far more muscle than fat. Up your calories or do less exercise.
  • butterflyqueen1984
    butterflyqueen1984 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    The problem is when you do regular excerise every day your body gets used to it so you don't burn a thing! I walk for an hr a day to and from work but never put that down as any excersise. I only add on excersise if it is out of my normal daily routine.

Hope that helps?
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I'm confused about what you are saying. MFP set your goal at 1870 calories per day. You should be eating at least that much, plus your exercise calories back.
  • yusleepin
    Options
    Everyone has a Basal Metabolic Rate, the rate that you consume calories if you were to do absolutely nothing all day. It varies person to person depending on age, height and current weight. As of right now, I'm a 5'6", 28yo woman weighing 160. My BMW is 1530 calories a day. I could do absolutely nothing (ideally) and maintain my weight while consuming 1530 calories of food that day. Any calories you burn off from exercise adds to contribute to weight loss.

I'm not actually sure if MFP has a BMW calculator. I use this one:

http://home.fuse.net/clymer/bmi/#bmr

I hope this helps.

5749494.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a Basal Metabolic Rate, the rate that you consume calories if you were to do absolutely nothing all day. It varies person to person depending on age, height and current weight. As of right now, I'm a 5'6", 28yo woman weighing 160. My BMW is 1530 calories a day. I could do absolutely nothing (ideally) and maintain my weight while consuming 1530 calories of food that day. Any calories you burn off from exercise adds to contribute to weight loss.

I'm not actually sure if MFP has a BMW calculator. I use this one:

http://home.fuse.net/clymer/bmi/#bmr

I hope this helps.

5749494.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

actually you would still lose eating your BMR as the moment you wake up, eat, sit, stand you burn more than BMR, BMR is what you would burn in a coma.
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    You really need to start filling out your diary! We could help you a lot more with that :)
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    that is A LOTTTTTT of running! I agree with those above who say you probably aren't doing yourself any favors by not fueling your body. Runners like you can eat tons of carbs, plus things like pastas and breads are usually higher calorie. It's been said that when you don't fuel your body for workouts, that your body will use lean muscle tissue for energy..........NOT A GOOD THING.

HOW DO YOU FEEL PHYSICALLY?
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    The problem is when you do regular excerise every day your body gets used to it so you don't burn a thing! I walk for an hr a day to and from work but never put that down as any excersise. I only add on excersise if it is out of my normal daily routine.

Hope that helps?

I think I know where you're going with this, but I am a very active person. I walk, briskly, for a couple of hours a day at least, with mountain walks and long distance hikes on days off, as well as gym 2/3 times a week and circuit training.....oo you're telling me that walking 24 miles in 6hours 45 minutes the other day didn't burn anything? lol MY HRM would beg to differ ROFLMAO!