30 Day Shred

Jadbaa
Jadbaa Posts: 129 Member
I am planning on starting the 30 Day Shred on Monday. If anyone else is also starting I would love the encouragement and support. I have been lacking in the motivation department lately so I am hoping this will help. I have seen a lot of people with awesome results in just 30 days so I am hoping to have similar results! I have a wedding on June 9th and want to lose as much weight and inches as I can before then.

Replies

• Johnni0923
    Johnni0923 Posts: 14 Member
    What does a shred consist of? I might try it with you.

Johnni in Long Beach, CA
  • Jadbaa
    Jadbaa Posts: 129 Member
    It's a workout video by Jillian Michaels. I believe I got mine for $7 at Walmart. It has 3 different levels that you do for 10 days each. I have started and stopped it a few times. It is pretty intense for such a short workout.
  • My husband and I started yesterday! :) I've done it before, attempted it really. I've never actually gone the full 30 days and this time we are!
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    I'm on day 25 and love it! I plan on starting Ripped in 30 next. Good luck & stick with it!
  • OMG I tried one session of level 1 three days ago and I am still feeling it! Jillian is slightly evil lol
    I think I might have to "cheat" and work my way up to being able to do the whole plan properly.
  • I'm a member of a group starting together on the 30th. My dvd came in yesterday's mail and I didn't want to wait so I started today :) But I'm planning to go the whole way through with the group. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4128-april-2012-30-day-shred-starts-march-30
  • snooze88
    snooze88 Posts: 20
    I started 30DS today.. got up at 6.30am (which for me is stupid o'clock) so i could fit it in before work.. 30mins of workout and to be honest it wasnt as bad as everyone was making out.. now either im not doing it right.. or becuase i have done a few of Jillians dvd's before it wasnt as big of a shock to my system.. but i feel great this morning. only anohter 29days to go and hopefully i will look a million times better!!

if anyone wants to add me and keep each other motivated feel free!! this time i am determined!! i have 87days till my holiday and i NEED to get down to my goal!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! :happy:
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 252 Member
    level 1 and 2 is on youtube free the whole videos.
    i am level 2 i do other stuff so I do each level 30 days.
    i graduate to level 3 in 8 day and i admit im kinda scared No more troubled zone is a hard workout
  • snooze88
    snooze88 Posts: 20
    ive done no more trouble zones aswell thats hard as well as the fat blast boost motabilism one (not sure if thats the right title for it) and i find those two ALOT harder than the 30day shred.

id put off trying the shred beacuse of all the horror stories ive heard on here saying that i will ache for days and that i'll feel like im going to die.. haha wish id started it sooner now!! :wink:
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    30DS is great, I did it 30days straight plus extra cardio 2-3 times a week but Jillian recommends doing the video 2 days, than cardio one day, video 2 days, cardio 1 day and then rest. But to each their own. I lost 13inches in total and 1.4lbs. (i'm on the last 10lbs so the weight doesn't come off easy). All in all level 2 is the hardest. The first three days are the worse, the third day I was yelling at the tv and barely could move lol. But after that I was golden. Good luck!! Make sure to take measurements and before and after pictures because the scale sometimes lies!!
  • I'm actually planning to start on the 1st of April (what a terrible, terrible prank I'll be putting myself through). I've just bought dumbbells so I'm serious. Haha. I've never really properly exercised before. I try to briskwalk as often as I can even though I don't record it down but that's about it really so I'm quite daunted but I've been reading a LOT of reviews on it. Many have attempted; most have succeeded and that bit is inspiring. No one has died doing it so I'm sure I won't. Hopefully. Hah. *bite fingernails*
  • mellydelly
    mellydelly Posts: 11 Member
    I have 30 day shred and also the yoga meltdown, I was planning on starting the yoga but ill start the 30 day shred so we can all be on the same level :)
  • Cindym82
    And now i'm alternating between killer buns and thighs (which i LOVE) and 6 week 6 pack :) She is a beast, plain and simple but she knows how to get results so just stick it through and you will see a big difference
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    I started this on 3/25 and am doing it in the evenings while doing Insanity (2nd round) in the mornings! So far I'm liking it. Its short and to the point - which is always a plus!!
  • EmmaR84
    EmmaR84 Posts: 103 Member
    I'm planning on starting it on Monday too (first day of 2 weeks off so I will definitely have time to do it), I may have breaks in each level depending on how achey I am and I may do each level for longer that the 10 days if I feel I need it. Feel free to add me as a friend, i know I'll need lots of encoragement to do it!
  • Good luck!!! I've got the DVD and it is harder than you think. Simple moves with good results
  • Roxie861
    Roxie861 Posts: 85 Member
    I'm starting tomorrow before work! Cant believe am actually saying that.....have had the dvd for 6 months :(

Doing it tomorrow without fail!!
  • I just bought the video myself and i am also starting april 1st...thought it was perfect as april has 30 days (LOL).....i still need to by the hand weights it calls for....does any one recommend what pound to buy ??? 3 or 5 lbs ???
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    I'm a member of a group starting together on the 30th. My dvd came in yesterday's mail and I didn't want to wait so I started today :) But I'm planning to go the whole way through with the group. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4128-april-2012-30-day-shred-starts-march-30

can anyone join your group? I think I would like to try it too!!!
  • Cindym82
    I just bought the video myself and i am also starting april 1st...thought it was perfect as april has 30 days (LOL).....i still need to by the hand weights it calls for....does any one recommend what pound to buy ??? 3 or 5 lbs ???

I bought 3lb weights since I haven't done a lot of free weights, and with those three lbs i FELT it lol