Here I go again.

Options
I have been trying to get this weight off of this body for a few years now and have failed something bad. I am 52 years old 5ft and 195lb. I have NEVER weighed this much in my life. My fear of how my body is at this moment is being like my grand mother who died young and very much over weight. My mother wrestles with her weight all the time and it is her mother that died at a young age. My grand mother was too big at the time of her death that they had to cremate her due to no casket big enough for her. This is and has been my fear since I have gained this weight.

I am small framed, small bones, so the extra weight has caused me distress in my breathing and sleeping but above these two facts I DO NOT LIKE MY BODY! My poor husband..lol

So here I go once again,

Carrie

Replies

• Darkbite29
    Darkbite29 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Carrie,

I do feel for you, but with perseverance and reverence, you can do this. Only you have to believe you can! I think it's great that you're at least acknowledging your issues. I am fit and slim, but a recovering anorexic and bulimic so I am not without my "head" demons but I got through it. Most of my friends think I'm blessed because I'm fit, but I work dam* hard at it. Up at 0500 5 days a week, I work out for an hour and a half, so it leaves my day free for work and life. You can't believe how good it feels to not weigh myself every morning...instead it's just once a week!

Good luck, and if you need any help and encouragement, don't hesitate to ask! You've taken the biggest step anyway; you might as well emrace a new, and slimmer you.

Regards,

Izzy
  • Nightingale77
    Nightingale77 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Carrie, I feel for you because 2 years ago I was in the same position, closing in on 200 lbs. I felt like I was dying and I had to do something. I started on January 1st, cutting out the carbs, trying to eat healthy, non-processed foods. I could not do much in the way of exercise due to my bulk and arthritic joints but I did like music and dancing so every night after dinner I would crank up my tunes and do a dance workout alone in my basement where no one could see me! Within a few weeks I could see results and my energy came back big-time. There was no stopping then as I could see my body changing. I lost 40 pounds in 5 months and it was the most incredible feeling. My cholesterol and blood pressure levels came down and for the first time in years I felt healthy.
    Now I have put about 15 lbs back on over the last year which I blame on all the emotional stress I have been under (losing a parent). For me it has never been about the food. I don't just eat when I am hungry, it is when I feel empty, emotionally. So I am getting on track again and I find this site and the people on it to be very helpful and supportive. I wish you good luck in this journey, hold on to the faith that you can and will do this! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. GOOD LUCK!!!
  • regina2063
    regina2063 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    well, all I can say, is....YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK...by just thinking to do something about it...Im on my 17th day of 30day shred (Jillian Michaels dvd) and feel better...i dont feel as bloated as I did 17days ago and my body has toned a little...so Im goin to HANG IN THERE...AND YOU DO TOO!!!
  • misseshugz
    Options
    Hi Carrie,

I think we can all do this if we help each other to get through it. We all have different goals and different motivations, but in essence we all want the same thing - to be healthy and feel great.

My last successful weight loss attempt had me down 50 pounds - it IS possible. I'm hoping this site will give me the support and motivation I need.

Please add me as a friend if you want some support. :)