FitBit

Options
..Saw the add for the FitBit, has anyone used it and if so what are your comments? Is it worth it, not worth it. Also wondering how it would compare to the bodybugg, seems like it does the same thing but for a cheaper price.

Thanks

Replies

• joyous504
    joyous504 Posts: 72
    Options
    I love mine. I use it everyday and night (it tracks sleep). It really keeps me motivated to move and hit my FitBit goals.
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I have the BodyMedia Fit (not FitBit) and I love it all the actual feedback I'm getting from it. It's truly very enlightening to SEE what's happening inside your body so you can make good decisions.
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I never had a bodybugg but I'm falling in LOVE with my fitbit! I've had mine for a little over a week and it has definitely made me aware of how little I move during the day sometimes. I'm now taking stairs and just getting up and walking around the office all of the time just to increase my activity and steps! The sleep feature on the Ultra is totally cool and interesting! I still wear my HRM for my workouts instead of the fitbit but so far I think its totally worth it!
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have one and I enjoy it. I find that it keeps me motivated.
  • Melly1606
    Melly1606 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit!! I love it!!! Keeps me motivated to keep going and reach new challenges!
  • Hbenson99
    Hbenson99 Posts: 22
    Options
    I really like it but i am a numbers\stats guy. I find i walk more and climb steps more in order to reach my daily goals i have setup in Fitbit.
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I love mine, it motivates me to move more. I have a very sedentary job, but I was still surprised at exactly how little I move! I love how it sincs to MFP.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Can someone please tell me how to set it up correctly and how much to eat?

I have both MFP and the fitbit set up for 0.5 / week weight loss and MFP as sedentary.

The fitbit is telling me to eat a lot more than MFP but they are synching perfectly otherwise.

Thanks
  • Fit_2013
    Fit_2013 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I am perimenopausal finding it very very difficult to lose weight. I got the fitbit about 2-3 weeks back. I ADORE it. It tell's me my calorie burn. It makes look at it at 12 noon, 3.30 pm, 6 pm. I know my baseline and if it is low at 12 noon I quickly go for a walk. It definetely makes me move. I got a weekly print out( i donot know if this is part of premier membership) . It is like a fitness pal, a buddy anyone can start moving more with it.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    The FitBit is a pedometer and altimeter. It tracks your activity level and wirelessly updates to the FitBit site which synchronizes with MFP. It is not good for tracking any exercise other than walking, jogging, or running. I pretty much only walk for exercise so it works well for me.
  • Sparkchasers7
    Sparkchasers7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have had mine three weeks and it is worth every cent. It has made me aware of my body and it's response to my diet and exercise. It helps challenge me to do just a little bit more each day and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I just got one last Friday. I love it so far. 24hour fitness had them on sale for 85.00 then I googled a coupon code and got it down to 76.00, might we worth taking a look at.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit. I compete with myself every day to get higher numbers for my daily activities. I really like how the two sites link and I can get a wider variety of reporting and different views.
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I am a perimenopausal finding it very very difficult to lose weight. I got the fitbit about 2-3 weeks back. I ADORE it. It tell"s me my calorie burn. It makes look at it at 12 noon, 3.30 pm, 6 pm. I know my baseline and if it is low at 12 noon I quickly go for a walk. It definetely makes me move. I got a weekly print out( i donot know if this is part of premier membership) . It is like a fitness pal, a buddy anyone can start moving more with it.

I SO agree! I am 61 and the FitBit really keeps me focused. My 14 year old calls me an "over-achiever":bigsmile: I love it so much, my 82 year old Mother ask for one to motivate her!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options

I have both MFP and the fitbit set up for 0.5 / week weight loss and MFP as sedentary.

The fitbit is telling me to eat a lot more than MFP but they are synching perfectly otherwise.

Thanks

I use MFP as my minimum calories and FitBit as my maximum. I figure if I am in between the two, I am good.
  • adriana_hackney
    adriana_hackney Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit :) I use it every day and night. It keeps me motivated on days when i'm not. Great investment.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Thanks

I have noticed this to. I generally ignore FitBit as far as food goes and just look at MFP. I think there might be issues with MFP transmitting to FitBit and not the other way around.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!
  • MeliciousGibson
    Options
    I absolutely love mine!
    I read in this thread that it isn't good for other workouts - I disagree. It has a "stopwatch" feature on it, and if you start it at the beginning of a workout and then stop it at the end, you can isolate the amount of calories you've burned during that particular reference of time. It shows as an "Activity Report" in your FitBit "Dashboard" page.
    It most certainly has encouraged me to be more active - it has a "Trainer" feature with a Premier membership that gives you weekly goals, and motivates you to be more active every day. The goals increase in difficulty each week (if you want it to).
    It was definitely worth the investment to me. I have a better understanding of my caloric intake/burn now.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options

Thanks

I use MFP as my minimum calories and FitBit as my maximum. I figure if I am in between the two, I am good.
    Mine is the opposite... MFP gives me 1400/daily and my FitBit generally doesn't even give me 1000, so obviously something isn't set up right there. lol I just go with MFP on calories. I try to get outside and walk every day while I'm at work and between my FitBit and using tracking apps on my phone (Endomondo and CardioTrainer), I get a good idea of my actual burn, though I don't have a HRM yet. I absolutely LOVE my FitBit, though, and think it was a hundred bucks well-spent.