20 pounds down with pics!

Options
IRun4Me_12
IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
When I log into MFP each day, one of the first things I do is come to the Success Stories and check out all the new successes on the boards. The progress pictures that you all post inspire me to keep going, so I hope that I can be an inspiration for someone else.

A little history on me - I have always been the chunky girl since I was little, and do not know what it is like to be thin. At my heaviest, I weighed around 220 lbs., which was when I got pregnant with my first son. After I had him, I dropped to around 200-210. When I got pregnant with my second son, I weighed 208. Since having him in September 2009, I have hung out between 195-205. Something finally clicked in my brain, and in January, I started taking time for ME. Long before I joined MFP, I started watching what I ate, but never really exercised. I have set my goal to run a 5k later this year, and in the beginning of January, I started jogging using the C25K app faithfully 3-4 times per week, and have gotten through week 7. I LOVE doing intervals, and I have noticed that is where I dropped most of my weight, so I am taking a break from the long runs at the end of C25K and going back to intervals at higher speeds for a while to hopefully melt away some of the remaining fat.

Now for the pics: The first one was taken on New Year's Eve, and I am assuming my weight was the same as when I started MFP about a week or so later - 197 lbs.

IMG_3574.jpg

Here I am today a little over 20 pounds down

IMG_4216cropped.jpg

At this point, I know I'm over half way done. I initially set my weight goal to 165, but I'm not sure if I'll stop there. I weigh less now than I have in the past 15 years AT LEAST. I feel so amazing and so proud of myself. I have an image in my mind, and I am getting so close! When I get there, that is when I will consider myself at goal.

Thank you MFP!

Replies

• wifeygrooms
    Options
    You look great....WTG!!!
  • norariz
    norariz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Love your hair in the first pic BTW.
    You look like you are down more than 20 - you look great!!!! I hope to post my own success story soon - need to find good before pics, though. I kind of avoided the camera fora while.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    WOW! What a difference and you have a BEAUTIFUL smile :) I love doing intervals, and more power to you for doing them. They kick my butt! Keep up the great work :)
  • chrissy10taylor
    Options
    WOW! Great job! You look fantastic! :happy:
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i love these stories! you look great!
  • kriztyn723
    Options
    Wow you can def tell a difference! Congrats!!!! Keep up the good work!
  • changingdaily
    Options
    GREAT! You are so pretty, in both pics! Keep up the good work! I cant wait to have my pics to post here!
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • Tiffany517
    Tiffany517 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! :happy:
  • DANCHAN1
    DANCHAN1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    What a difference 20 pounds makes. You look amazing...keep it up looking forward to seeing your final results picture.
  • Jamiewoodle
    Jamiewoodle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    :smile: You look amazing!!! Keep up the good work :wink: I have also lost 20 and still need to lose 20. It's always nice to see hard work pay off
  • dreamyy6
    dreamyy6 Posts: 23
    Options
    really happy for you.. you look amazinggg :) i cannot wait to be down 20 pounds.
  • Slim_Donna
    Slim_Donna Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a massive difference. You look great, well done and keep it up :happy:
  • Nicedevil72
    Options
    Great stuff. You go! I am certain you will inspire many others.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    you look FABULOUS! way to go!!!!!
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! You look amazing, congrats on all the hard work..........the results are terrific! Best wishes to you!
  • dlw13
    dlw13 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    20lbs makes a big difference. Congratulations and keep up the good work!
  • smascot
    smascot Posts: 1
    Options
    You look great. Keep up the good work.:smile:
  • Hubbafer
    Hubbafer Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You have me completely motivated!!!! You look amazing!
  • JenniferHndz
    Options
    WTG! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!