FitBit

Options
2»

Replies

• lizj1
    lizj1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    "The fitbit is telling me to eat a lot more than MFP but they are synching perfectly otherwise."

Hi Lisa,

do they both give you the same total calories at the start of the day? Both MFP and FitBit give me 1500 cal target if look first thing in the morning, but as I walk about during the day, they both increase my total, but at different rates! It seems that FitBit increases my calories faster that MFP to begin with, but by the end of the day, MFP has overtaken it, and my final MFP calorie goal isa little higher than the one FitBit gives me. I hope I explained that properly!

I decided to use the MFP calorie goals and hope for the best.
  • teresa011
    teresa011 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thank you all soooooooooooooo much!!!!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    "The fitbit is telling me to eat a lot more than MFP but they are synching perfectly otherwise."

Hi Lisa,

do they both give you the same total calories at the start of the day? Both MFP and FitBit give me 1500 cal target if look first thing in the morning, but as I walk about during the day, they both increase my total, but at different rates! It seems that FitBit increases my calories faster that MFP to begin with, but by the end of the day, MFP has overtaken it, and my final MFP calorie goal isa little higher than the one FitBit gives me. I hope I explained that properly!

Hi - thank you for responding - where do you see this total calorie amount in the morning? :-)
  • margaretbyrd
    margaretbyrd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information, I thought that stopwatch was only for sleep time.

So, how does this work if you are doing weights? Don't you have to be stepping to get it to count the activity? I saw that it would record speed.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    You can't really find any way to accurately record burn from weights, HRMs don't work either. I think you can still use the activity setting though and then add in "strenght training" on MFP under cardio and use MFPs calorie estimate. you just have to ensure you use the exact start time and it should overwrite the fitbit burn record.
  • lizj1
    lizj1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Hi Lisa,

do they both give you the same total calories at the start of the day? Both MFP and FitBit give me 1500 cal target if look first thing in the morning, ...

Hi - thank you for responding - where do you see this total calorie amount in the morning? :-)
    I'm looking at the food plan on the fitbit dashboard, and at the summary on my MFP home page