Bar code scan

Options
2»

Replies

• MelissaT81
    MelissaT81 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    What is the name of the droid app for this??? I would so love this!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    i can never get my phone to scan anything!! :cry:

yeah, i have problems with the scanner on my Android phone. When it works, it's great....but that's not too often :grumble: Don't know why, or what I'm doing wrong. I put the barcode in that rectangle it tells you too. I move it close, and far away and in between, that little green line comes up and most of the time doesn't scan. I don't get it.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options

myfitnesspal
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    The Blackberry app doesn't have the scanner feature :sad:
  • kalikelli
    kalikelli Posts: 22
    Options
    95% of the time it works for me, sometimes it will take something like a local brand that they must not have an give the kraft nutritional facts what are say .5gm more in fat or something but usually it works great.

Much easier than having to manually enter everything yourself.
  • sportyskylar
    Options
    BB needs to get this!!!
  • JVonni
    JVonni Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The bar code scan, (I have an android phone), is definitely a plus on the app! I love it! It saves so much time and 'counting' doesn't seem as tedious :-)
  • Anderia
    Anderia Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I love it! I haven't had an error with it yet.
  • MelissaT81
    Options

myfitnesspal

to scan the bar codes?
  • ksabo1963
    ksabo1963 Posts: 20
    Options
    Been using it for a month - and never had an issue with it scanning something and it saying it was something else...love it because alot of the foods on here are loaded by members and it is either incomplete or wrong....LOVE IT!!
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options

myfitnesspal

to scan the bar codes?

Yep. It's part of the myfitnesspal droid app.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help/faq/244-how-do-i-use-the-barcode-scanner-to-add-foods?phrase=barcode&platform=android
    How do I use the barcode scanner to add foods?

First, start the add food process just like you would for any other food. Next to the search box, you'll see a blue icon that looks like a barcode. Tap on the icon to activate the barcode scanner. Place the barcode you would like to scan inside the target area on your screen. The scanner will read the code and search for a match in our database. Once the match is found, just add it to your diary.

On rare occasions, you barcode search will return the wrong food from our database. If that happens, you can help us improve the database by telling us the correct match for that barcode. After you see that the wrong food has been found, scroll down on the screen and you'll see a button labeled "Find Better Match". Tap on that button and you can search for the correct food in our database. Once you've found the correct match, add that food to your diary. You've now changed the barcode association in our database. The next time you scan the same barcode the correct food should be found.
  • dieseljay74
    dieseljay74 Posts: 376
    Options
    Our lives just got that much easier!
  • MelissaT81
    Options

myfitnesspal

to scan the bar codes?

Yep. It's part of the myfitnesspal droid app.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help/faq/244-how-do-i-use-the-barcode-scanner-to-add-foods?phrase=barcode&platform=android
    How do I use the barcode scanner to add foods?

First, start the add food process just like you would for any other food. Next to the search box, you'll see a blue icon that looks like a barcode. Tap on the icon to activate the barcode scanner. Place the barcode you would like to scan inside the target area on your screen. The scanner will read the code and search for a match in our database. Once the match is found, just add it to your diary.

On rare occasions, you barcode search will return the wrong food from our database. If that happens, you can help us improve the database by telling us the correct match for that barcode. After you see that the wrong food has been found, scroll down on the screen and you'll see a button labeled "Find Better Match". Tap on that button and you can search for the correct food in our database. Once you've found the correct match, add that food to your diary. You've now changed the barcode association in our database. The next time you scan the same barcode the correct food should be found.

Great thanks!!!
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    just watch out i scaned icecream once and it told me it was brocolli

HAHAHA!! That's awesome
  • arlenesanders1955
    Options
    If only that was true.