Help, I can't eat anymore than I already do

Options
I am supposed to be eating 1300 calories a day and I typically exercise burning 600 calories a day 6 days a week. I am only netting 700 calories and losing weight VERY slowly. (11 pounds since Jan 31st & 18.5") I know I need to eat more calories, but I just am not all that hungry. & when I do I seem to gain inches back in my waist. Protein bars contain too much fiber for me, I don't know what to do!

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    From your picture, it doesn't look like you have very much to lose, so it will be slow. You're going to have to try to eat more (or perhaps exercise less) and see if mixing it up a little helps.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Yes you absolutely need more calories. Never 'NET' below your BMR.

Easy ways I use to keep my cals up-

Extra egg in the morning
    Double up on protein powder in shakes (NO diet shakes- only 300+ cals)
    1 ounce of cheese is 100 cals
    1/2 a cup of cashews is over 200 cals
    Add an extra scoop of peanut butter
    Remove ALL 'diet' food and eat full-fat varieties.
    Add oil to your cooking- it's GOOD for you :)
    Avocados with salsa on them- easy 300 cals
    Peanut butter added to a protein shake mix- delicious and easy.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    When someone eats very low calories, which you do if you're only netting 700 per day, it is common to have weight gain when increasing calories. It isn't fat gain nor is it permanent.

I had to work up to what I eat. The way I did that was by setting myself a schedule and eating every couple hours (hungry or not) so I could teach my body to get hungry again. Then it wasn't that big a deal to add a couple hundred calories here or there.
  • jenjmurray
    jenjmurray Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you gemiwing, this seems like a whole lotta fat, isn't that going to make things worse? My Beachbody coach said I should only have I think 20% fat. (I would have to go back & look at my %'s to know for sure). My picture hides my problem area very well. I am so VERY happy with all the results everywhere except the "pear" area. Since I hit 40, I can't seem to keep off or lose from the stomach to the upper thighs
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Hormones!
    Eat more to regulate them.

Eat at maintenance for 2 weeks to break a plateau.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    if you are only eating a certain amount of food, try eating that amount in higher-cal foods so you build them up more.