Hi I am new!

Options
Hi my name is Kimberly. I am 24 years old and have grown up in a family of fast food eaters. I have been using My fitness pal for a few months and had lost 7 lbs but just gained 5 back. I am finding it very, very hard to kick the fast food habit. I do good for a few weeks and then if I get stressed, short on time, or bored I find myself getting McDs all the time! I am now 186lbs and 5'6. My goal is 135lbs. by Aug 18th (I am going to Myrtle Beach and have not been in a bikini in 6 years). I am trying out the message boards for the first time so hopefully you all can help me stay on track!

-Kimberly

13522126.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Hello & welcome Kimberly! The fast food trap is one that many have a hard time getting out of! I find that now that I very rarely eat it, I feel sooooo good! The best advice I can give is plan, plan, plan! I try to plan all of my meals so there is no room for the junk! Feel free to add me as a friend & I will try to help in any way that I can!
  • Honeyinma
    Options
    I am a fast food junkie here too, and it is really, really hard!!!! I also know that just because I eat one filet of fish, it doesn't mean that the rest of my day is shot.
  • rachellprice89
    rachellprice89 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    fast food is my downfall too...i work a while away from home so its the most convenient for me, aswell as my laziness lol.

Feel free to add me, could do with some support too :)
  • tonihayden
    Options
    Hi........I am not really a fast food junkie but I have the same problem of losing then gaining sum back etc. I love to snack and drink beer........hence the not losing much. Add me if u like!!
  • whr0411
    whr0411 Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi Kimberly, you have taken the first step joing MFP. You will find no end of support on here. You have a very good reason to acheive your goals. jaxbeck is exactly right. Plan! That's one of my biggest failings, but that is going to change for you and me both. I suggest getting a picture of the logo's of your favourite fast foods then draw a large diabetic needle over the top of them and hang them where they will be a constant reminder of where you are NOT going. Look forward to hearing about your acheivements. Don't let any set backs put you off. Every day is a new day, and the first day of the rest of your life.
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    sexyminxinthemaking Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    fast food is also my downfall ( and chocolate lol) feel free to add me xx
  • dynamojones
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too. :)

I too love fast food. Whats helped me is finding something healthy to eat at those same places, that way I'm satisfying the mental part that I'm actually at this place but eating something better then my normal choices.
  • Johnni0923
    Johnni0923 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good luck Kimberly. I have always wanted to go to MB. Have a great time. Think about how you will enjoy the sites, don't stress about what you wear.

JH
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi! I know how hard that fast food habit is to kick, I'm still stuggling with it myself. Planning out my meals a head of time makes a huge difference though, especially when working. Good luck with your journey on here, and feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • Keffinger22
    Keffinger22 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you all for the support! Who knew there would so many with advice and encouragement. Thanks tons!!! I think the planning a meal will work. I always pack my lunch for work, my downfall is always nights and weekends so I think I just need to really buckle down!!! I think I added everyone if I missed anyone feel free to add me :)

13522126.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jdgarrett22
    Options
    I have only been on this site for a few days and have found it very worth while. Please feel free to add me as a support.
  • LBM1026
    LBM1026 Posts: 7
    Options
    One day at a time works for me!!! I've been on this site for a week now and it has helped me stay on track, something about seeing other people with the same goal is very motivating!!! Hang in there, I'm sure you'll do it. :smile:
  • suze4314
    suze4314 Posts: 6
    Options
    I think I'm in exactly the same boat as you are! I am a total fast food/junk food junkie and have had a terrible time trying to kick my habit. And as soon as I have one burger or fry or burrito, I'm fully off the wagon and it'll take me weeks to get back to eating healthy again. I started at 170 and I'm trying to get to 135 by the 4th of July. If you want a friend who is in the same situation, add me =)
  • suze4314
    suze4314 Posts: 6
    Options
    I do the same thing. I have a handful of places that I know have menu options that fit in to my meal plans, so whenever my boyfriend/friends/parents say "Let's go out to eat!" I have a plan to keep me on track while still being able to enjoy restaurants and the company of my friends and family.
  • hdg1822
    hdg1822 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    HI Kimberly. I am Heather. I love fast food too! That is a really hard habit to break. I have learned not to tell myself no every single time that I want fast food or else I will go crazy on it and binge eat. What I do is once a week I will allow myself a kids meal with a healthy drink (apple juice, milk) so that I can kill that fast food craving and not ingest empty soda calories. Once I started doing this I learned that I don't crave fast food as much. I think it was mostly the soda I was craving and not the fast food. Hope this helps you out some. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want.
  • Keffinger22
    Options
    I noticed that on my news feed thing, for a few of you it lets me see your food diary. How do I make mine viewable to you guys? Or can you already see it lol?! I need someone to call me out on my bad habits or offer advice.[url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com

13522126.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • auntliz123
    Options
    Kimberly, I am going to Myrtle Beach also in June...and my I also am wanting to get into a smaller bathing suit, maybe even a bikini!!! I don't eat fast food, maybe a few times a year, but try to go for the healthier options , or just always have a healthy snack with you so you can resist the urge for fast food!
  • Buttercupmcgee
    Buttercupmcgee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm new too....my addiction is snack food when bored or stressed, so I understand how you feel. I'll add you as a friend and we can support each other:-)
  • Keffinger22
    Options
    I can't wait! I have only been once 2 yrs ago and it was too cold to get in the water. I hope I can reach my goal and do a bikini, although after 6 years of not being in one, if I lose the weight not sure if I would be comfortable in one now lol.
  • Keffinger22
    Options
    Thanks I will have to try that!!!