I lost when I didn't think I was losing!

Options
I went to the doctor this morning and I have lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks! I know that doesn't seem like a lot, when I see advertisements and others saying "I've lost 20 pounds in a week!" or whatever but I've worked so hard so far and I intend to keep it up. So excited!!!

Replies

• 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!!
  • jennyjennbug
    Options
    congrats great job keep it up
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    8 lbs. in 2 weeks is perfect! Good work!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    8lbs in 2 weeks is very impressive!! Good job!
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Weight loss has been sensationalized because of weight loss tv shows. 8 pounds is AMAZING especially because normal weight loss is 1-2lbs a week. great job!
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    8 lbs in two weeks is a lot. Usually 2 or so per week is recommended. The weight drops off quick in the first few weeks though so don't let it get down on you if you aren't seeing the same results. A lb a week is a lb a week.
  • cassblue21
    cassblue21 Posts: 207
    Options
    I would be SUPER excited if I could lose that much in just 2 weeks! Great job! :)
  • sg1982
    sg1982 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :-)
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing!! great job!!:flowerforyou:
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    Eight pounds in two weeks is AMAZING! Great job!
  • ML0305
    ML0305 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep it up!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    8 lbs in two weeks is huge! Don't let any gimmick tell you otherwise.

Now, sorry to be a bit of a downer here but...You probably won't be able to maintain that kind of loss because a potion of it will have been water weight in response to your body adjusting to the eating changes you are making. So please don't get discouraged, there is no quick fix to weight loss, you didn't gain this weight over night and you won't lose it overnight. Remember you are making a lifestyle change, you are not on a diet. Eat healthy, exercise and listen to your body (that last one is really hard to do, believe me!).
  • lgomez75
    lgomez75 Posts: 115
    Options
    its taken me since january to lose 11 lbs...so yes 8 in two weeks is woah!

great job and stick with it...i hit plateaus and diet/exercise questions...just stay informed, stay hydrated, stay well nourished, and stay positive!
  • trishka48
    trishka48 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    8 lbs. in two weeks in FANTASTIC! I only lost 2 this whole month! Great job.
  • taylmarie
    taylmarie Posts: 161
    Options
    Awesome, congrats!
  • dieseljay74
    dieseljay74 Posts: 376
    Options
    That's huge!
  • WVHeather
    WVHeather Posts: 53
    Options
    Thanks everyone! My doctor did tell me that most of it was water and I probably wouldn't lose as much weekly as I have. But she gave me the same advice as everyone who responded to my post. Don't get discouraged and keep doing what I'm doing, which is eating healthy, unprocessed foods, to meet my calorie requirements and drink tons of water. I've made a committment to do it and I intend to keep it up! MFP has helped so much, reading advice on here is great!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    its taken me since january to lose 11 lbs...so yes 8 in two weeks is woah!

great job and stick with it...i hit plateaus and diet/exercise questions...just stay informed, stay hydrated, stay well nourished, and stay positive!

I am so glad to hear that, my weight has been very slow to come off....I was working towards 1 pound a week, but really it's been more like 2-3 pounds a month.
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I went to the doctor this morning and I have lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks! I know that doesn't seem like a lot, when I see advertisements and others saying "I've lost 20 pounds in a week!" or whatever but I've worked so hard so far and I intend to keep it up. So excited!!!

This is an epic achievement! You are doing a wonderful job. Every body loses weight differently, keep that in mind. You might not be losing at the rate you want...but you ARE losing!!
  • jpsgrl
    jpsgrl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful news,congrats to you. Look on the bright side, I have been doing this for two months, working out 4-5 days a week, invested in a personal trainer and I finally hit 10lbs lost this morning. You go girl! Every loss counts, 4lbs a week is actually incredbile and I'd love to have part of that....have a great day
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!