Majorly stalled and demotivated. HELP!!

I'm currently 3lbs away from my goal of 8st (112lbs) I'm 5'2", lost over 30lbs and have a fair bit of toning up to do. I was counting calories, running at 6.30am and doing yoga in the evenings all fine while losing, but now, I don't know it seems like i've just stopped caring. Like the fire has gone out from underneath me.

I've tried motivational reading, looking at pictures, sticking quotes up on the fridge, to no avail. I'm not over-eating, i just can't be arsed to exercise - but why? i was doing fine before, what's stopping me?

gahhhh - i feel so... blocked, for want of a better word. I know I should just DO it - but why can't I now, and how do I start again?

How do I re-light that fire and fall back in love with exercise?

Replies

• Balice57
    Balice57 Posts: 125
    Maybe you need to change up your exercise, and just move in ways that are fun. Take a walk just to look at the flowers and meet the animals in the neighborhood. I always like to get out and see the gardens. Also, sometimes I just have to kick my butt off the bus early so I have no choice but to walk home! You'll get there, even if it takes a bit longer. Sounds like you've done great so far!
  • emmamcc1981
    emmamcc1981 Posts: 133 Member
    I'm pretty active during the day - walking the school run twice a day with 2 kids on a pushchair, clean the house top to bottom every day, prep and cook 3 meals a day, play with the kids all afternoon. it's that extra burn on top - that cardio hit that I need to need iykwim.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Take a diet break for 2 weeks at TDEE.
    Continue working out.
    Youll gain some water weight but this will break the plateau.
    When you continue your diet, in 2 weeks, Eat the deficit cals on rest days but TDEE on workout days or 3 days a week.
    Youll be amazed at how fast the fat comes off.

You have to feed it to lose it!
  • curvatrino
    curvatrino Posts: 33 Member
    The last 3lbs is the hardest, and you're so close to your target that the tendancy is to feel 'meh, close enough'. I'm only 10lbs away from mine, after losing 50lbs, so I know how you feel.

Give yourself a week off. No counting, no weighing, no running, no yoga. Guarrantee you'll miss it enough to want to do it again, and it'll give you the kick up the *kitten* you need.

You could always try something new, something you can get excited about again the way you were about running and yoga.

Just don't beat yourself up about it.

We're all in this together :) Keep Smiling
  • emmamcc1981
    emmamcc1981 Posts: 133 Member
    bump? i'd really like some motivation please! xx