Seemingly silly question about protein

Options
tkcasta
tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
So, I feel dumb asking this because I feel like I should know, but how do I eat more protein and less fat? I seem to get about the same amounts of things everyday and would like to reduce my fat intake a bit and increase my protein. Thanks so much for the help guys!

Replies

• m_shuman
    m_shuman Posts: 179
    Options
    To increase my protein intake I have a protein shake everyday. I make it with 1 cup of berries (I mix blueberries and strawberries) 1 cup of almond milk and 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein (I use the brand from Walmart.) This drink only has 5 grams of fat and 28 grams of protein.
  • djean2
    djean2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks fo asking because I need to know too. Milk products make me break out . Big cystic break-out, not good at any age.
  • wolftrax
    wolftrax Posts: 50
    Options
    I use Body Fortress Whey Protein from Walmart too..to cut more cals you can make it with the blueberries( Frozen) and water..taste is pretty good..You can also use 2 scoops for 52 grams of protein( 280 cals) if you want to boost it that much..

1 scoop =140 cals..
  • djean2
    djean2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Whey protein does tase good. Is there any protein that is not from milk that tase good? I've tried some that are awful.
  • maxonehiphop
    maxonehiphop Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    with milk products? if not that's harder but egg whites, skinless chicken breast, tuna, etc.
    I do protein shakes /smoothies too but I put a lot more ingredients in them...many of which are dairy. If you can have dairy than basically nonfat dairy products or low fat depending on how much fat you are allowed but keep in mind that the nonfat dairy products have more sugar than the lowfat.

If you can eat dairy then nonfat cottage cheese, skim milk ricotta, nonfat greek yogurt, skim milk, etc.
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    These are some great ideas guys. Thank you!