How Do You Flavour Your Popcorn Kernels?

Options

Replies

• nadiafox
    nadiafox Posts: 24
    Options
    Usually olive oil and salt - and sometimes Parmesan cheese. Or sometimes with butter and cinnamon sugar.
    Once I tried to make 'Indian popcorn' by putting on olive oil, a curry powder spice mix we had, and some salt... it was interesting.
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Little butter, nutritional yeast and curry powder. Shake together in paper bag or lidded bowl.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Reese's Pop Corn Cheesoning.
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    I like to mix about a tablespoon of butter and 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (this is for a huge tub of popcorn) in a pan and simmer it while the popcorn is popping. Then trickle it over the popped popcorn and sprinkle on some salt...yum. It works ok without the butter too. To be really decadent I would use more butter and also add Parmesan cheese!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    with my tears.
  • determined1221
    determined1221 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    my favorite is parmesan cheese and garlic powder... my other favorite is sea salt and vinegar . I love popcorn!!
  • Gwendalyne
    Gwendalyne Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to Ranch Popcorn seasoning...shoot now I'm thinking about it lol
  • heatherldietrich
    Options
    Put nutritional yeast on it! It's a great parmesan cheese substitute and it's very nutritious. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutritional_yeast&gt;

This!
  • _ylime_
    _ylime_ Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    franks red hot.... i put that *kitten* on everything.... it is SO good :happy:
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Spray pam, and kernal seasonings cheddar or ranch and hot spices:-)
  • w_i_n_d_y
    w_i_n_d_y Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    When making popcorn, I use fra diavolo oil instead of regular oil. The popcorn comes out nice and spicy, you don't even need to add salt.
  • peterson_jessica
    Options
    I pop mine with my air popper, spray with olive oil cooking spray and then salt with either table salt of onion salt
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon and sugar or parm cheese.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Parmesan cheese and garlic salt :love:

Great idea!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    parmigiano reggiano and olive oil (the really good stuff, not cooking oil).
  • littlelily613
    Options
    I either leave it plain (if it is butter tasting already), or if it is smart pop (which has little flavour to me) or plain popcorn I will use either butter and salt (if I have a lot of calories left) or just a little bit of butter and a sprinkle of oh canadian cheese seasoning. I also have mini bags that are already flavoured with salt and pepper. Very yummy.
  • HoosierMomma1
    HoosierMomma1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Ranch, Nacho cheese, cheddar, salt, butter.... you name it; I LOVE POPCORN! I even dip mine in salted cider vinegar sometimes... The trick with the powders is that you have to spray your popcorn (or lightly oil) for it to really enhance the flavor!

I love the White Cheddar and Ranch flavored toppings. Occasionally, we'll make our "special popcorn" and drizzle milk or white chocolate over it. We made it last night and it was yummy
  • littlelily613
    Options
    This is probably a really stupid question, but is there a trick to getting seasoning to stick without adding butter?
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    my daughter got me onto this- butter, garlic powder and brown sugar. doesn't sound like a good combo but the taste is addictive
  • pkaralus
    pkaralus Posts: 3
    Options
    Chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper