Weighing In Daily VS Weighing in Weekly

Options
Just looking for others opinions on whether you should weigh daily or weekly????????

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    It's up to you...

I weigh in daily knowing that there will be fluctuations from day to day. It just keeps me honest.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    For the most part, I weigh in every Friday. If I've had a few awesome days of calorie-watching and exercising, sometimes I'll weigh in early just to see what's happening, lol.
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I personally like weighing in daily. I know how much weight can fluctuate from day to day and it definitely keeps me on track. If it does go up a little bit I know I need to crack down a little more and it doesn't stress me out
  • ahni77
    ahni77 Posts: 75
    Options
    I weigh in everyday in the morning at the same time (right after I wake up). I helps me stay focused.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily to track my fluctuations (high sodium days). But I only record weekly. Always on the same day. I have noticed by tracking daily that my highest weight is ALWAYS on a Tuesday and my lowest is ALWAYS on a Thursday. So I record on Thursdays.
  • katy4399
    katy4399 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, but it really is up to you.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I say weekly. And on the same day, in the morning every week. Your weight can fluctuate throughout the day, and on a daily basis, so this can get discouraging, However, weekly weigh-ins will allow you too see any results in a more dramatic fashion and can help keep you motivated if it's going in the right direction lol.
  • Lily_Rose
    Lily_Rose Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Daily - it helps me keep focus on my goal
  • jenjmurray
    jenjmurray Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I only weigh monthly and track inches lost weekly. Too many variables to weigh more than that!
  • avibachar
    avibachar Posts: 47
    Options
    I generally do it every saturday in the morning, but like some of the other posters, I'll weight in just for the heck of it if I'm walking by the scale...and I also weigh-in if I've had a few really good days in a row.

What you need to keep in mind if you're going to weigh in more often than weekly (or maybe even weekly) is that you cannot freak out/get discouraged/go on an emotional eating binge if your weight is not changing or if it even says you've gained a pound or two.

These things take time, and there's so many factors that can affect your weight in a slight way (e.g. water). As long as you keep focused on the big picture, there's nothing wrong with checking in more frequently to see where your weight is at.
  • valsgarden
    valsgarden Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly. I feel like if I weighed daily I would get too discouraged if I saw weight gain.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily but record once a week. I like to see the fractions of pounds coming off too.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I record every Friday morning. I step on the scale 2-3 times a week depending on my mood. This week I stepped on more because I've been in a crummy mood and wanted to make sure it wasn't causing my weight to go up. (Crummy moods tend to lead to over eating for me)
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    If I do it daily I take the number with a grain of salt. The weekly number I take more seriously. If daily keeps you feeling more accountable, though, then go for it.:smile:
  • fatfiske
    fatfiske Posts: 33
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, in the morning. I don't put a lot of stock into the number that I see, and only enter it into MFP when there's a loss (to keep myself happy). Somtimes I go almost a week with nothing then a bunch comes off at once. I think I weigh myself out of an irrational fear of gaining 10 pounds a day for a week or something like that. I know it won't happen, but I like to keep an eye on it and keep myself focused.
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every morning, but quickly became frustrated because the weight would fluctuate a lot. I heard your supposed to weigh yourself first thing in the morning after you use the bathroom because that shows your true weight. I am going to start weight in once a week now!
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I tell myself im going to weigh in just once a week...
    Then i see it each morning and i just HAVE to hop on it!! LOL

i get less scared and freaked out if i get on it everyday.

I dont want to have to beat it up once a week !
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily but record once a week. I like to see the fractions of pounds coming off too.

^^^ I do this too!

Edit: and the fractions are sooo preeeeetty!! :heart: :laugh:
  • breakbad
    breakbad Posts: 13
    Options
    I weigh in every Saturday morning as soon as I get out of bed. I will often skip a weigh in during the wonderful time of the month when I feel bloated. Or just know that if I don't lose that week that I will for certain lose the following week. Good Luck!!
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh daily but only count my Thursday weigh ins. I liked to see my daily weigh just curiosity I guess :)