healthy breakfast ideas?

Options
looking for new ides, bit bored of porridge, toast and/or fruit salad xx

Replies

• pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    There are a million of these...but here are a few more:

1 cup greek yogurt + fruit + a tsp of honey (eat or blend)

egg, ham, veggies - frittata

Grilled chicken covered in cheese on toast

it depends on your definition of healthy too...
  • amhuerta
    amhuerta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't know breakfast from lunch or dinner. If you like something more lunch like eat that. I like to eat scrambled eggs/egg whites with salsa. I usually add a serving of fruit. Sometimes I eat a leftover lunch from before so it will be more lunch like. Make an egg sandwich, with egg, canadian bacon, and 2% cheese on toast. Or a wrap with breakfast foods or even shredded chicken. Hope this helps a little.
  • sch0iii
    sch0iii Posts: 8
    Options
    * Oatmeal offers endless combinations! You can make overnight oats for a filling breakfast if you're on the go in the mornings, baked oatmeal (which i love on lazy sundays) and traditional oatmeal with an infinite variety of toppings! Take a look at this site that has pictures for some oatmeal inspiration. --> http://www.katheats.com/kaths-tribute-to-oatmeal

*Egg white omelets with tons of veggies are also great.

*Yogurt + granola + fresh fruit is another fave.

*Peanut butter + honey +cinnamon + banana sandwich
  • dboyne
    dboyne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal: 1/4 cup oats, 1/2 cup water. Cook in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Add 1 tsp. of brown sugar, 2 tsp. pecans and 1/4 cup of vanilla soy milk for 228 calories.

Parfait: 1/2 cup low fat vanilla yogurt, 4 frozen strawberries thawed (in micro for 20 seconds) and cut up, 1/4 cup of granola. Mix and enjoy for 184 calories.

Cereal: 1/2 cup of Kashi autumn wheat squares and 1/4 cup of light vanilla soy milk with 2 tablespoons of flaxseed give an extra boost of fiber and only 185 calories.

Enjoy!