Slim in 6

Options
So I just started slim in 6 yesterday and today I can hardly walk! How in the world am I supposed to do this everyday? Who knew 30 minutes of lunges and squats could be so brutal. Any advice on how to keep going when I just want to crawl in bed. Does working through the pain really make it easier?

Replies

• jjstaten
    jjstaten Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Work through it. The morning after your workout i suggest doing the slim and limber to help stretch you out.
  • 4my2jays
    4my2jays Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Keep going it will get better. I did 30 Day Shred on Saturday and Sunday and yesterday my thighs hurt so bad, I mean BAD when I walked. I still went to the gym both days and got on the elliptical and they feel so much better now. The saying no pain no gain, really is true. :) Good Luck to you.
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I would mute the dvd and workout to my own music. It made the time go by faster and was more enjoyable for me. :)
  • regina2063
    regina2063 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    i know the feeling. i was sooo sore and live on 2nd floor...i wanted to cry going up and down the stairs.
  • MrsTynerific
    Options
    Thanks for the posts:smile:

I will keep going and see how I feel by the end of the week! My biggest problem is starting something for a week and giving up so I really don't want this pattern to continue!
  • chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Try soaking in a hot bath with epsom salts. It increases your circulation which is supposed to help you recover faster. I use it for localized bruises, strains and sprains. I don't know about a whole body, but it's worth a try.
  • slbeutler
    slbeutler Posts: 205
    Options
    I personally love the feeling of being really sore. I know I really worked something then. Keep going and you won't get as sore as time goes on. I've heard great things about that program and know many people who have gotten great results from sticking with it.

congratulations for getting started!
  • nessafly
    nessafly Posts: 58
    Options
    I agree with doind a Slim & Limber between workouts... it feels soooo good!! :bigsmile:
  • JCGilbert
    JCGilbert Posts: 33
    Options
    If the workouts are strictly leg-centric (mostly lunges, squats, lower body) I would switch it up to alternate w/ an upper body (shoulder, arms, chest) workout. Or wade in slowly w/ an every other day workout. Off days you can do walking/cardio.
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I personally love the feeling of being really sore. I know I really worked something then. Keep going and you won't get as sore as time goes on.

Me too! Its kind of a bummer for me when I stop being sore from a workout. I don't feel like I have worked as hard (even though I know the workout is the same)
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I would mute the dvd and workout to my own music. It made the time go by faster and was more enjoyable for me. :)

I did the same thing with the 30DS. Listening to Jillian's voice got to me, but if I could do it to other music sometimes I could work harder just to keep up with the music.
  • JesiDM
    JesiDM Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    What's Slim in 6?
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Stretch, stretch and more stretching. Push through as best you can, drink lots of water and make sure you take a rest day or 2. Be sure to eat some good carbs and protien lot long after your workout to help heal muscles.
  • MrsTynerific
    Options
    Slim in 6 is a Beach body DVD that is a 6 week series. I have seen some results photos that were very inspirational so I bought it:)
  • loridaisy1
    loridaisy1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Love this program. Finished in Feb and now doing her Slim Series Slim Training program. Sore is good. Just get back at it and the soreness works out. Do Slim in Limber as much as you can.
    I am seeing great results. Really getting lean.
  • mslisa007
    mslisa007 Posts: 12
    Options
    Which dvd in the slim in 6 did you do? I ask because I'm looking for a good squat and lunge program. Thanks.
  • MyRachTN
    MyRachTN Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did Slim in 6 in October, then did P90X, and now I'm doing her Slim Series version. WOW. She really ups the ante in Slim Series.

When I was doing Slim in 6, after the workout, I alternated between doing Slim in 6-pack and Slim n' Limber. Totally, totally helped. Now that I'm doing the Slim Series, I'm going to do P90X Stretch on my rest days because that really helps me recover. I love the Slim Series so far but 60+ minutes of really intense weights with only a 4 minute stretch is not for me! I need additional stretching!!!