Looking for Healthy (Kid-Friendly) Smoothie Recipes?

Options
caroldot
caroldot Posts: 388 Member
I'm looking for smoothie recipes made with fruit. (Thinking like McDonald's smoothies but healthier) My daughter has asked me to make some for her as she is not a milkshake lover. She'd rather have the fruity stuff and since summer is coming would like a few recipes for afternoons at the pool. Please share if you have any.....Thanks!!

Replies

• dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pkaralus
    pkaralus Posts: 3
    Options
    You can buy bags of frozen fruits, or use fresh fruit. I usually use fresh bananas and buy the large bags of frozen tropical fruit from wal-mart. After making one or two of these you can mix up the fruits and juice to differents tastes.

1 banana chunked
    1 cup frozen fruit
    2 tablespoons non fat greek yogurt
    1 cup real orange juice
    Add ice for consistency

There are also a few good apps for smoothie recipes if you have a smart phone.
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Frozen mixed berries (or just strawberries) (Or mango and strawberries... possibilities are endless)
    Yogurt (any lo cal kind, I prefer greek w/ no artificial sugar)
    Banana - I use fresh - frozen would be awesome to thicken it up though, I just never remember to freeze a banana...
    Juice! (Orange, apple, or green goodness are my favorites!)

And that's all you need

Edit to add:
    My step-mom always takes the extra smoothie and freezes it in popsicle molds. :) Delicious summer treat.
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Thanks! The OJ was what I couldn't think of to add in! I was thinking water and that just didn't sound right.

And I love the idea of the popsicles - my mom did that when I was a kid :)
  • nemsmom
    nemsmom Posts: 48
    Options
    2 cups frozen spinach
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    2 Tablespoons honey
    enough water to get to proper consistency

When I first saw this recipe I thought gross! But I was trying to get my potassium levels up so I tried it.... Not only do I love it, but both of my kids, who are picky eaters, love it. It comes out almost brown from the mix of green and red but is sooo good!