Losing Weight in Bunches

Options
When I lose weight, it happens in "bunches". I will go a week or two with NO change, then over a period of about 3-5 days, I will lose 2-4 lbs. Also, there will often be a small gain right before the loss. I'm very consistant about my calories and exercise. I don't have cheat days, or multiple days where I skip exercising.

Does this happen to anyone else? Just curious....

Replies

• pghfan
    pghfan Posts: 119
    Options
    Happens to me all the time. I will stay the same for 2-3 weeks and then overnight, literally, be down 3-4 pounds. Not doing anything different, that's just how my body loses. So now I try not to get discouraged when I don't see the numbers move, knowing that they will take a big jump soon. Happened today, as a matter of fact. Those days are good! :smile:
  • cherryolac
    Options
    It happens to me as well! I blame water weight and what time of month it is!
  • AvsFreak
    AvsFreak Posts: 152 Member
    Options
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    That happens to me too! It gets frustrating but then I'll measure myself and at least 'something' will be smaller. That helps get me through the 'dead' period. btw, you are doing awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Yup. As I say, I lose in spurts and stutters.
  • penroseg
    penroseg Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Glad to know it's not just me. It's always so discouraging to see the scale not move for two weeks. I begin to doubt myself, wonder if I need to change things up. Then I gain a pound or two. Then I start to pull my hair out. :grumble: Then the numbers drop. Then I'm happy again. Lol. :happy:
  • methodless
    Options
    My doctor warned me of this happening

It is just water. It's happening to me for the first time right now, but I just dropped half a pound, so I am expecting to see a little more
  • Alpine005
    Alpine005 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. Last week I was steady, then on Sunday morning, I was doen 1 pound, Monday morning, down 2 more, Tuesday morning I lost another pound. This morning I'm the same as yesterday. It's crazy.
  • heymom93
    heymom93 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This is exactly how I am too - and it often coincides with my cycle. I drop weight the first two weeks and then hold onto weight when I ovulate. For me it is totally hormonal.
  • Jweb8969
    Jweb8969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    me too!! two weeks: NOTHING - then one morning, down.
  • huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    yup - that is how mine goes every week. I weigh in daily - seems like I will go 3-4 days with nothing or .1-.3 lb drops, then the next couple days may be 1-2 lb drops consecutively - then the cycle starts all over again for the next 3-4 days.