Having a hard time today, need some encouragement

Options
I have been doing really well the last 25 days with my eating and exercise. Well today I am having a Lupus flare, my whole entire body itches and I cant seem to get anything done. Ive always been a comfort eater and Im feeling sorry for myself having to deal with this disease on top of my fibro and ra.......I just want junk food. HELP ME!!!!!:sad:

Replies

• NurseAshoRN
    NurseAshoRN Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    These days come...when you're in a groove and you've got this thing on lock down then bam...something happens and that old habit of using food for comfort creeps back up...is there any activity you can do to take your mind of of eating? Look at your ticker girl, 40lbs lost...sending positive thoughts your way today <3
  • mountaingirl222
    Options
    haha thats 40 lbs to go :laugh: I cant do anything to get my mind off the itching!!!! your a nurse, Im sure you have read about lupus.....its horrible. Im mainly just wanting to stop itching, I want to work out but I literally cant do anything but itch, which makes me wanna munch on food. Thanks though!
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Are you a member of the Losing with Lupus group? Maybe some of the members there will be able to give you great advice on this topic.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you are having a rough day. You do have a lot to overcome...but you can. You have done this for almost a whole month now!
    What are your comfort foods? Can you eat a cleaner version that will give your body good fuel, yet still satisfy your craving? Sometimes when I am tempted to drive thru and get a McFlurry, I'll treat myself to Greek yogurt or a handful of almonds and dark chocolate chips. More satisfying, and I feel good afterward.
  • mountaingirl222
    Options
    I didnt know there was a lupus group on here! Thanks
  • mdamrow
    mdamrow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I wanted to snack on something (I wasn't even hungry). I could've had an apple or a rice cake, instead I had a handful (maybe two handfuls) of chocolate. Then I was so hungry on my way home and had to stop at the store for a few things, once again i could've had an apple, a rice cake, or I could've even bought a healthy snack at the store, but no I had potato chips. I knew that my hubby was bringing pizza home, so I needed all my extra calories to enjoy that. I felt really guilty and mad at myself, but then I told myself you can't give up everything all the time and that learning to be healthy is all about moderation as well. So, in short, if you feel like having a snack have one as long as you either pick something healthy or eat a sweet in moderation. Don't torture yourself!!!!
  • kvonjohn
    Options
    I didnt know there was a lupus group on here! Thanks

yw! and stay strong even in adversity.
  • kvonjohn
    Options
    The 100 calorie snacks have been so on time for me! I get to indulge without guilt.