slow progress is still progress! (stomach pictures)

Options
jrditt
jrditt Posts: 239 Member
Highest weight before coming on MFP was 170. I felt gross and hid my body. With the help of MFP, I've lost 17 pounds and then I discovered WEIGHT LIFTING. It's the new love of my life, my friend and I are using The new rules of lifting for women and we never miss a day. I've gone up a few pounds but I know I am losing inches so I now ignore my scale and eat more.

I just wanted to share my progress. Have a ways to go still but this is why it's good to take pictures! I would never have thought my stomach looked that different

j9vkti.jpg

Replies

• ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Amazing results!!! WTG =)
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Congrats! This is what I am hoping to see in two more weeks when I will hopefully be down another 5 pounds.
  • jrditt
    Options
    bump because i want more women to see that weight lifting rules!
  • amvieira12
    Options
    what are your weight lifting rules??!
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    That's fantastic work! You look great, the tattoos frame your sides nicely :)
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Great results ! How long have you been following the plan?
  • amhcal
    amhcal Posts: 1
    Options
    WAY TO GO GIRL!!!!!LOOKIN AWESOME!!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Looking good. Keep it up!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Amazing. I did all 7 sessions and loving the results :) oh and my weight loss is very slow too so don't worry about it.
  • tigerbabe2
    tigerbabe2 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Kudo's :P
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you look FABULOUS! i want those abs!!
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    You rock girlie :) I'm going to have to start lifting if it is going to make my tummy flat like that!!!
  • wifeygrooms
    Options
    Amazing. I did all 7 sessions and loving the results :) oh and my weight loss is very slow too so don't worry about it.

What 7 session did you do??? Is it a DVD you buy or what is it??
  • jrditt
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/The-New-Rules-Lifting-Women/dp/1583332944

This book! So good! I've been lifting for a little over a month now maybe? The first picture was a couple of months before i started lifting.
  • jrditt
    Options
    I go to the gym three days a week to lift, I eat around 1800-2000 calories. I really only do other exercise like walk and bike to get around. So glad I don't have to do cardio all the time time
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    You look great! Well done, the lifting is really working for you!
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Oh, I love to see New Rules results like this. I just started the program and my midsection's my problem zone. Keep up the great work!
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    Amazing job!! I am doing Chalean Extreme which a weight lifting program with some cardio thrown in on the off days. I love it I mentally feel stronger than I ever did doing cardio.
  • jrditt
    Options
    Make sure to take pictures my friends! Even if it's painful because you will want to look back and be proud of yourself!
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    Great results! Can you do that program at home?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!