Veggies on the grill?

Options
original_cake_face
original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
I'm trying to get my husband to eat more veggies, and someone mentioned in another thread that roasted veggies have better flavor, and thus would be easier for a non-veggie eater to eat.

Well.. the heating element is out in my oven. Crud. I thought that instead, maybe I could grill them? We're having grilled chicken sandwiches for dinner, and I know I've seen people grill asparagus. Is there anything else I could throw on the grill? (I know corn is another one -- he has no problem with corn. I'm thinking something GREEN. :))

Replies

• cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I grill zuchinni, squash, eggplant, asperagus, potatoes, red pepers, and green pepers. I cut them in large slices and grill them up. Then I throw them in anything we are having for dinner. Spaghetti, pesto sauce, over brown rice with teryaki sauce. My kids have started eating more veggies since I started grilling them.
  • xokatelynmariexo
    xokatelynmariexo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    ^^^This!

We grill veggies most nights. We make veggie kebobs with mushrooms, onion, tricolored peppers, zucchini and squash. So yummy
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I grill veggies every day! My favourite is grilled peppers and broccoli with garlic, a dash of seasoning salt and chili pepper! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
  • Barbwhitmore
    Options
    A roasted big chili pepper on that chicken sandwich would be yum
  • Rachie0710
    Options
    My latest favorite is actually grilled carrots... they end up tasting a little bit like sweet potatoes.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Sliced eggplant and zucchini are really good! You can make a marinade for them and grill in one of those grill baskets. They taste like the vegetables on shish kabobs! Really good!
  • nsweatt1965
    nsweatt1965 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I specifically bought a cast iron grill to place on my stove in the winter months and I grill everything! It gives it more flavor to me. I grill aparagus, zuccini, mushrooms, onions, boy choy...you name it, just about everything can be grilled. I also use low calorie flavored grilling spray for more flavor (bbq, asian...etc) check your local grocery store. If you have Safeway in your area, Safeway
    Select has two good grilling sprays. ENJOY! :-)
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    All of the above suggestions like zucchini, squash, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc.

Grilled fruit is delish, too~
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    We LOVE grilled veggies! we do mushrooms, peppers (Green and red), onions, asparagas....pretty much anything! Get a grilling basket and voila. My husband coats them in olive oil and a few spices and YUMMY!!