Jilian Michales 30 Day Shred

Options
So, I currently use my Wii to workout. I have Wii Fit Plus and the Biggest Loser Challenge. I am trying to find something else to compliment these and I want to try to reach my first target weight of 165 lbs before Mothers Day. I have read a little bit about Jilian Michaels 30 Day Shred, but I was wondering if anyone can tell me if it works if you don't have time to do the workout everyday. I work out at least 4 times a day, but I would like to know if this would be ok for me to still use it or if there is a strict timeline you have to be on. I understand the whole "30" days, but I thought it could be a good workout nonetheless. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies

• katieklg
    katieklg Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It's just three 20-minute workouts that increase in intensity (level 1-3). I think the whole "30 day thing" is basically a marketing ploy. You just need to start with level 1 and do that until it becomes too easy then move up. The workouts are fairly simple (but effective) and you can totally customize them to your abilities and time restraints. I think they'd be great to mix things up along with your other workouts!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Yup. It works! Only got through the first 10 days before I had to give it up due to wrist problems, but wowie! Results were awesome. You're going to hurt doing it, but it's worth the pain. By the 4th day it truly does get easier.
  • ericagee2011
    Options
    I highly recommend it! You'll see the difference in no time!
  • courtrptr13
    courtrptr13 Posts: 272
    Options
    I did Level 3 Day 8 today. I have been doing it 3 - 4 times a week, not every day, and it's taken me 2 months to complete 10 days at each level. I did not weigh myself or take measurements before I started, but I have definitely lost some weight and inches and dropped clothing sizes. I also started doing C25K (I'm on week 3) and take a couple spinning classes a week for extra cardio. I think you should definitely give it a try. It's takes about 30 mins with the warm up and cool down, but it goes by pretty quick with the way she breaks it down into 3 mins of strength, 2 mins of cardio and 1 min of abs. Good luck!
  • awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I think I'm going to give it a try.