is cheating good?

Options
Hey everyone I started mfp last week lost 4lb but I'm wondering if having a cheat day say like the day I weigh in (saturday) would be ok ? I was thinking it may help break the constant logging and counting which sometimes makes me feel to much like a 'diet' I was thinking of maybe eating my 1300 cals a day everyday but having one cheat day were I eat watever I want and not log it also I exercise 6 days a week 4 days is 2 hrs of intense cardio the other 2 days is an hour of full body weights I would aldo be doing one of my weight training days on my cheat day does anyone else have cheat days? Does it help? Does it ruin your weightloss fpr the following week?? Advice plz x :)

Replies

• sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I don't have an official "cheat day" but sometimes I do take a break from it all for a day. Just be careful, I'm still trying to come back (weight-wise) from a cheat-weekend which hit me pretty hard! Ooooooh but it was fun!!

Also, make sure 1300 is enough for you. I'm doing much better on more cals per day, even with an occasional bad day. It also helps me to not need quite so many days like that. I have treats and drinks and eat out even on days where I'm logging religiously and really trying to be good. I'm not into deprivation!
  • Rayjewls
    Rayjewls Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I don't have a full cheat day anymore. Just a cheat meal...lets say I know I'm eating pancakes for breakfast then I'll east a really light dinner the night before. If I know I'm eating out that night then I eat really healthy during the day. it's really a balancing act...and once you learn how your body work your weight will be down hill from there. I hate weekends but getting through the weekends like this for me really works.
  • rcarri
    rcarri Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I probably should, but I don't log any food on the weekends. I still try to maintain a lower calorie diet, but I'll allow myself a little splurge on Saturday or Sunday.
  • Rayjewls
    Rayjewls Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    And if I'm really good and I'm going out with friends and I know I'm going to eat' bad' I drink beer instead of hard liquor...you can sip on a beer so it last longer. And I'll have hot wings with no ranch or blue cheese or fries...just wings. Since it's no carbs...i think it's better for you as your cheat. Oh...drink lots of water the next morning...
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I use Friday as my "cheat day". Its right after my weigh in, and I use it as a reward for all the hard work I put in durring the week. A cheat day can be helpfull, as if you deny yourself the things you love you will end up going crazy. Everything in moderation.