30 Day Shred~ Anyone up for it?

Options

Replies

• destinyisyours
    Options
    WooHoo.. Glad to see so many others on here! Day 16 for me now. Well, maybe 15, I did take one day off so far. I am on my 4th day of lvl 2. I'm aiming for 10 days on each lvl. Even though I think I did 11 days of 1 but thats cool. Lvl 2 kicks my butt. I love it so far. I'm scared to look at lvl 3. I haven't noticed too much of a change yet. But I swear I gain muscle before I loose fat. Especially on these platues I go thru. I did loose 2 pounds the first week. Didn't weigh myself this week, because I always seem to gain a pound or 2 around 'that time of the month'' sorry too much info I'm sure. I've gained great muscles in my arms and legs, it's just my mid section that I have such a hard time with! The post baby belly I guess~ even though my son is 19 mnths old already!!! Anyhow.. just wanted to say HELLO to all! And wish everyone well! It's a new week, lets all try to check in on Friday with updates! I'm gonna weigh myself on Friday mornings. Good luck to us all!!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I didn't know you could youtube it?? Great info, that means I can start tonight even though my DVD hasn't come yet. Sweet! :happy: I have NO Idea what's in store - but I've never been excited about starting an exercise program - but I adore Jillian Michaels :love: so lets she if she can help me shed these last pounds!
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I wore my HRM yesterday while I did the workout and it said 25 mins @ 211 calories...
  • kaylou
    Options
    WooHoo.. Glad to see so many others on here! Day 16 for me now. Well, maybe 15, I did take one day off so far. I am on my 4th day of lvl 2. I'm aiming for 10 days on each lvl. Even though I think I did 11 days of 1 but thats cool. Lvl 2 kicks my butt. I love it so far. I'm scared to look at lvl 3. I haven't noticed too much of a change yet. But I swear I gain muscle before I loose fat. Especially on these platues I go thru. I did loose 2 pounds the first week. Didn't weigh myself this week, because I always seem to gain a pound or 2 around 'that time of the month'' sorry too much info I'm sure. I've gained great muscles in my arms and legs, it's just my mid section that I have such a hard time with! The post baby belly I guess~ even though my son is 19 mnths old already!!! Anyhow.. just wanted to say HELLO to all! And wish everyone well! It's a new week, lets all try to check in on Friday with updates! I'm gonna weigh myself on Friday mornings. Good luck to us all!!

Mine is 19 years old and I am still struggling with the mid section :noway:
  • LADYKRASHY
    Options
    woah! I just completed level 2..and this was day 9 for me. I am overheating and I feel wiped out! But I really enjoyed it! I took it a little easy this go around, since some of the moves were a little bit tricky the first time around. Tomorrow I will give it everything I possibly can. But level 2 is a lot of fun!
  • JStarnes
    Options
    what pound weights is everybody using?
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I've tried 5 lbs for most exercises but the shoulder raises always get me even with 3 lb weights.

I tried level 2 today. Not as bad as I expected but I also didn't use weights. Tomorrow we will see how I survive!:bigsmile:
  • zoink66
    zoink66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm using 5 pound weights as well. I can do everything with them except the shoulder raises at the end of Level 1 and Level 2, where I have to skip some of the reps as I'm doing the squats. Oh, they're killers. But I don't have any other weights and the 5pounders work well with everything else so I figure I'll just build up to getting strong enough.
  • emmaphillips
    Options
    well i did my 1st day on level 1 yesterday and boy am i achiing this morning! and seriously, after the workout i couldn't believe how much i was sweating! i no thats grose but woaah i was suprised - i felt great after it tho, and i loved the way jillian keeps u motivated and is always talking to u which was great cos there were so many times i wanted to stop but by saying things like 'imagine what u will look like after all this work' and stuff like that :smile:

but after an intense workout at the gym on monday and that yesterday, i am definately having a day off today :wink: haha. but im excited to do it again tomorro - hows everyone else finding it?

:heart: Emma
  • destinyisyours
    Options
    what pound weights is everybody using?

I am still using 5's. I did pull out the 8lbs yesterday, and tried to use them a bit. I can't make it all the way thru with them, I switched back when I felt like it was to much.

Level 2 is fun. The cardio seems a bit more breathtaking! And I seem to sweat a TON at the end of this one! I'm fine with pushups and all. But those shoulder raise/squat things kill me toward the end of the reps! But I feel great today and am getting ready to do it now while the little one's still sleeping!!
  • JStarnes
    Options
    haha 5lbs?? Yeahhhh, I used 2.5 lbs last night & my shoulders were KILLING me half way thru so I had to do it w/o weights by the end of the reps - she's a beast. :tongue: I'm not sore today, I really thought I would be - I feel great this morning! AND I was down 2lbs to boot so that makes me feel even better! (down 2lbs from a week agao - not just from teh shred lol) I get my actual DVD tonight - when you 'youtube' it you can't get part 3 of level 1 - copyright issues or something? I just did another ab video that I had on hand to finish out the workout. It was intense! Felt like the flood gates had opened in my sweat glands :laugh:
  • emmaphillips
    Options
    I get my actual DVD tonight - when you 'youtube' it you can't get part 3 of level 1 - copyright issues or something?

ooh thats strange cos i did it on youtube using this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji22Z7gglHA&feature=related so its strange that u werent able to :noway:

once u've tried your DVD could u let me know if u think its worth buying rather than using the youtube videos? cos i'm not sure whether i should or not

:heart: Emma
  • nali_12
    nali_12 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    if I am doing a weight training circuit 3 days a week (the abs diet) should I be doing the shred on the off days? I worry that is not giving my muscles enough time to rest. I usually do some form of cardio on my off days???
  • kaylou
    Options

so were you really sore the first couple of days? I cant walk!!!!!!!!!
  • JStarnes
    Options
    I am not sore at all! I really really really thought I would be, but I'm not. I feel good today - can't wait to do it again tonight after work. :noway: Did I really just say that?? I can't believe how much I like this workout. I thought the rest of the people were craZy when they said how much they like it - but its awesome. :love: :love: Although I'm not sore today, after 10 million (or what felt like 10 million) jumping jacks my calves cramped like crazy last night. haha but only until the butt-kicks. :laugh: then they loosened up.
  • destinyisyours
    Options
    I wasn't all that sore the first few days. But I had just finished a Tony Horton series (power half hour), I'm sure that was why.

I totally know what you mean (Jstar513) about loving this workout. I normally get burnt out of the same thing, but even on day 17 I still LOVE it!! Did lvl 2 again this morning and felt great afterward! I feel like I should do an ab workout tonight. I have exercise tv on demand, and they have some great 10 min and 20 min workouts on there too. Think I'll do one of those.

Ok, gotta run, my son is just waking from his nap!
  • LADYKRASHY
    Options
    I just completed day 12! I feel a little bit sore..but not too bad. I really wish I would see more results..my legs are getting very muscular, but I want to see the fat come off of my stomach!
  • destinyisyours
    Options
    I just completed day 12! I feel a little bit sore..but not too bad. I really wish I would see more results..my legs are getting very muscular, but I want to see the fat come off of my stomach!

Yeah, I'm on day 18, and feel the same way. I do notice a difference in my legs and arms, but not my stomach :cry: And I've even added 10-15 min ab workouts every am. I did weigh in this morning and didn't loose any weight this week :sad: HOPEFULLY due to muscle gain?? Maybe next week will be better. I'm going to do a few more days of lvl 2 then I'll move onto 3, and PRAY for some weight loss around the belly!

How's everyone else doing? Great, I hope!
  • halfacerk
    Options
    I got through 15 min of it yesterday!!! my legs are soooo sore already, dont think i can handle it everyday right now!!

I really need to buy a yoga mat my back hurts from the crunches i love the reverse crunch tho!!!
  • MIMI74
    MIMI74 Posts: 14
    Options
    MINE IS 16 YEARS OLD AND I'M STILL STRUGGLING W/ MY MIDSECTION TOO! I CAN'T WAIT TIL MY DVD GETS HERE, I OREDERED YESTERDAY!
    I GET BORED SO QUICKLY WITH WORKOUTS BUT USUALLY IT TAKES ABOUT 2 MONTHS FOR ME TO GET BORED SO WHO KNOWS MAYBE THIS WILL HELP! I VE BEEN AT A PLATEAU SINCE JANUARY! OK, MAYBE JUSTA LITTLE INCONSISTENT! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!