Need encouraging and motivational friends!

Options
Hello,

I am not new to MFP. I joined two years ago and I lost 50 pounds in 6 months with good old fashioned diet and exercise. Unfortunately I fell off the wagon about a year ago and I have gained about half of that 50 pounds back. I finally decided that it was time to get back on track and take control of my future! My 12 year old daughter and I have started the C25K this week and we love it! I love this site and all of the support that it offers. Unfortunately I did not take advantage of many of the tools this site has to offer the first time around. I intend to change that this time. This is my first week back and I would love some friends to share this journey with!

Replies

• BumbleBee37
    BumbleBee37 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Brandy. I just started MFP as well, and am looking for some motivational friends on here to share my journey with.

Crystal
  • lademoiselle
    Options
    i'd like to think that by joining this site, we've taken the first step in the right direction.. i'm new to mfp and would love to help you on your journey (and hopefully, you can help me with mine!)

19696363.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • desy3109
    desy3109 Posts: 3
    Options
    This is day 3 for me. I did trying starting about a week ago, but had a hard time staying on it. I would enjoy company to help me keep on track. I will try to help encourage you as well.
  • hdg1822
    hdg1822 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been on here for a while but am always looking for new friends to motivate me and for me to help motivate. Add me if you would like too. Have a great day!
  • YoungKaay27
    YoungKaay27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i haven't lost any weight . i am so sad . but i am trying to stay on the wagon but its very hard .
  • IndianCat3
    IndianCat3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me - i just started back working out this week...was sick ffom bronchitis :( BUT...IM ALL BETTER) and im a high calorie burner...

Joyce:flowerforyou:
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi! Sending friend request x
  • HeatherMully
    Options
    Hey! I just joined MFP yesterday and I love it so far. I am trying to stay motivated for this 20+ pound weight loss I am aiming for. If you did it once, you can do it again girl! I use to be super fit because of dancing and soccer back in high school. Also, my first year at a university I spent a lot of my time in the gym which got me into GREAT SHAPE but my grades (plus my dad) suffered. So For the past couple of years, I have been dedicated to school and my career. Now that those two aspects of my life are in order, I want to be at a healthy weight again. I am 172lbs today :( My goal is to walk across the stage at graduation next May with my healthy new weight! Keep it up girl and I promise I will too!
  • KSimmarano
    KSimmarano Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just started today. I had gotten to my goal weight with Weight Watchers several years ago. I believe in thier plan. It works and is sensible and healthy. However, I can't afford it this time around and I don't like that I can't ballpark the points now with the change in thier formula. This tool looks like it is almost the same a WW, but FREE!!! YIPEE!!! I'm gonna try to get my hubby to do it with me too.

My story is that I lost about 70 lbs with WW after I had babies 3&4 (twins!) about 10 years ago. My weight has fluctuated a little since then, but I have been able to get most of it back off. Then I got a new job last year and the stress has gotten to me. I have gained almost 30 lbs and I need to get it back off. To feel better and because my blood pressure is better. Wanna hear the kicker? I work for a fitness organization. I am an aquatics director and I teach swim lessons, lifeguard classes and water aerobics classes! So, my activity level is pretty good, but I know it is my eating habits I need to get under control. I know what to eat, how to eat, and excercise, but I just gotta do it. I need the motivation too...