Does this sound stupid?

Options
Kanderson47
Kanderson47 Posts: 110 Member
I'm recently divorced....and Im trying to find myself.....I think dating sucks..so Im thinking of giving that up...I need to do something FOR ME! I want to take a class or two at our community college in the Fall..thats something I really want to do........

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I don't think it sounds stupid at all. Go for it! :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    TAKE IT.

Newly single(esque), I have wanted to go back and improve myself too.

You owe it to yourself. Have FUN with that class!!!
  • jljohnson4041
    Options
    :wink: GO FOR IT. I believe that if this is something you believe you should and WANT to do....then by all means jump on it honey!
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    life is an adventure!

If I go more than 6 months without experiencing and learning somethign new, I get bored.

Go have fun!!!!
  • nrepley
    nrepley Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think that is a great idea! I have been separated for a few years now and just graduated from community college. Now I start a 4 year university in the fall! Getting your education is wonderful and addictive thing! :)
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Not stupid at all....I miss school if I have been away for too long. After a two year break I'm going back in October to finish my masters. It's never too late.

And who knows, when you're not looking, maybe you'll meet someone at school:happy:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    DO IT!!!

If I had done it when I said I was..............and just taken 1 class a semester...........I would HAVE a BA by now!!!:wink:

One class..........just try it, I bet you love it!
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    So many pretty single women on here, what is wrong with your men?
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    always do something for yourself before doing something that you think society wants!
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Wow!! This sounds familiar... I am recently divorced and loving it. After 15 years of marriage it is nice to put me first. Since my divorce (officially over a year ago... or maybe 2 now - times flies when you are having fun :laugh: ), I've completed my Master's and now I am working on ME. If my daughter is at her friend's house, with her dad, her aunt, etc... I enjoy spending what little free time I have on me (walking, working out, yardwork, reading, relaxing, etc...) I can't imagine sharing this "free' time with anyone else now. (How selfish? :laugh: ) I think it is a great idea to takes some classes :flowerforyou: Before you know it you will have a degree and move on to something else new and exciting. Since I've completed school I'm starting to work on my health and get some weight off. I started the end of June and I am down 10 lbs.

Good Luck :flowerforyou:

228075.png
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    Its not stupid at all. I just broke up with my fiance about a month ago and have also started doing things for myself finally. I am also going back to college as well.

Its always good to focus on yourself for awhile, if you're happy with yourself it makes life better for everyone else in your life as well.
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Anything for you is the right thing to do.

I also went back to school and got my Master's degree after my divorce (which has now been almost 6 years ago, after 14 years of marriage) It was the best decision I made, the degree is nice to have but the best part was it opened up a completely new circle of friends for me, really gave me the chance to move on and make a new, fantastic life for myself. I am happier now then I have ever been, enjoy this time, use it for you and everything will be great.