30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Monday too! I've had the DVD for years and have used it but never for the full 30 days. My plan is to go all 30 days this time. I'm going to print a calendar to hang on my fridge. And after I complete it I might move on to one of her other videos.
  • Jack_the_Lass
    Options
    I've ordered it, still waiting for it to arrive. I'm planning on doing each level for as long as I feel I need to and not move on before I'm ready. As for weights, in all honesty I'm going to use a couple of tins of beans :)
  • meldins0831
    Options
    I would LOVE to start this with you guys!! I have 30 to 40 pounds to lose so I'll be going to Walmart today to see if I can find the DVD.
  • sthomasx7
    sthomasx7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's been sitting on my kitchen counter since I bought it a month or 2 ago. Starting it this weekend with my teenage daughter. Rule #1 for us - no whining allowed. Sign me up.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to start this with you guys!! I have 30 to 40 pounds to lose so I'll be going to Walmart today to see if I can find the DVD.

while you're at walmart, she also has a 30DS kit which has a mat, 3lb weights, and a water bottle for $11.
  • bwmiller1
    bwmiller1 Posts: 98
    Options
    i've done 9 days so far and I am a believer. It works. The selling features for me was a) 20mins and b) minimal equipment. the first 4 days will be a little taxing (i did it straight days) and then it was good. My wife, who wasn't on board is on day 7, doing alternate days. Even she is has changed her tune. I bought her some light weights from winners (5, 3, and 2 lbs) and she is anxious to get on to the 2nd phase.
    My only criticism is the before and after stretches. I believe Jillian could take longer doing it but that's just me. Good luck!
  • meldins0831
    Options
    I'm excited to start this with ya'll! Good luck!
  • jetsgirl
    jetsgirl Posts: 50
    Options
    I started 30DS Mar 9 and am LOVING it! I did all my measurements and before pics. I've lost 7+ inches already and could not believe my eyes when I took some during photos this morning. I've done 14 days of it with a few days rest in between and notice a big difference which is great motivation to keep going. The first few days I actually gained 5 lbs but i pulled almost every muscle in my body but easily dropped the 5lbs a few days later. But I haven't lost a pound from it. Definitely do measurements and pics to keep motivated :smile:
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday but I have a slightly different approach to it. I do her video on tues and Thursday and on m,w,f I ride my stationairy bike and do 30 min. On the body shop. I use 5lb weights. Eventually would like to increase that.

I've done her video before though 2 other times. I originally did it 3 times a week with 2lb weights about a year ago then earlier this year straight with 3lb weights. Every time I've done her video I always loose so many inches so I keep coming back!
  • 3audkids
    3audkids Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred today...level 1 of course, not as bad as I thought. definitely can felt the burn though!!!!
  • BlueNanah
    Options
    Started today also! It was actually not difficult!
    I don't own weights, so I did the exercises without them, is this bad for my body or just less effective?
  • ericagee2011
    Options
    I use the 30 Day Shred once in a while, because I don't have time with work and school. BUT, I love it! You can feel the difference in a short time. I highly recommend it!
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 25 and love it! I plan on starting Ripped in 30 next. Good luck & stick with it!

I'm on day 3 of RI 30 and am so glad I did the SHRED first, lol!
  • Julieta17
    Julieta17 Posts: 37
    Options
  • melanieduvall
    Options
    I just started a few days ago and was really sore at first. Love it so far!
  • barbiedollgirl
    barbiedollgirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I started the 30DS yesterday morning, and today I can barely walk or bend my legs!! I took a break today but will be back at it in the morning. I heard it has worked for alot of people!! :wink:
  • merapp9
    merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I just did day 18! I haven't skipped a day and that's a great feeling! No excuses! You can do and it and you'll love the results! If I can do it so can you! Check out my pictures...I took 2 before and then 2 at 15 days! Good luck!
  • Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    probably go with the 3 lb to start with. I tried starting with 5 lb and it ws just too much with some exercises. I do switch between the different weights though.
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    30DS is great, I did it 30days straight plus extra cardio 2-3 times a week but Jillian recommends doing the video 2 days, than cardio one day, video 2 days, cardio 1 day and then rest. But to each their own. I lost 13inches in total and 1.4lbs. (i'm on the last 10lbs so the weight doesn't come off easy). All in all level 2 is the hardest. The first three days are the worse, the third day I was yelling at the tv and barely could move lol. But after that I was golden. Good luck!! Make sure to take measurements and before and after pictures because the scale sometimes lies!!

Totally agree! First 3 days are horrid but the fourth day is like "Woah? I can walk and sit down and stand up with out screaming??" Does she say on the video that we're supposed to do the vid 2 days and then cardio 1 and then the vid 2 days, etc? I keep seeing people comment about this but I haven't seen or heard her mention that so I'm wondering where I missed it?
  • b1791
    b1791 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've got it on hold from the library so I'll pick it up and start on the 1st with everyone else. If I like it I'll grab a copy for myself.