The Doctor Says No Moving for 2 Weeks!

Options
Help! I'm so frustrated. I just started MFP this week. I got off my butt and got busy right away. I started rollerblading. Something I haven't done for 8 years! It was a blast and I felt so good after. The next day I went again. The day after that my hip hurt so bad I could hardly walk. The doctor says no activity for at least 2 weeks, then physical therapy! What? Someone please tell me what I can do during that time to burn some calories?:ohwell:

Replies

• jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Do you have the wii? It is good exercise. Our school uses it for our wheelchair bound kids.
  • SDawgW
    SDawgW Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have been using the www.womenshealthmag.com website for years to get fresh and fun new workouts.

Here is a link to a "build your own workout" tool on their website, where you can pick and choose different exercises to work your core, upper, lower and/or total body: http://www.womenshealthmag.com/files/customize-your-workout/index.html

There are hundreds (maybe even thousands) of workouts on this site, so you could even choose low or no impact exercises featured in past routines and piece them together to form a workout.

Feel better soon!! :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    can you walk? or swimming is less strenuous on the joints - if not just be careful in your food choices while you can't and you'll be right back to it before you know it
  • strawberry25shortcake
    Options
    can you walk? or swimming is less strenuous on the joints - if not just be careful in your food choices while you can't and you'll be right back to it before you know it

I agree! Swimming is a great exercise and it is easy on your joints. You can get a good workout and burn calories without stressing your hips too much.
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Great advice on the WII my daughter has CP and uses a walker the WII and play station EyeToy are both great to get the parts of your body moving when you cant move all of them :happy:
  • dlestermfp
    dlestermfp Posts: 106
    Options
    My wife has been told the only two exercises she can ever really do are cycling or swimming, and this is due to her knee problems (not hip). But, the same issues apply. You need something with no impact.