30 Day Shred

Options
13»

Replies

• shell514
    shell514 Posts: 12
    Options
    Just did day 1. My arms feel like JELL-O. I have been running for 3 weeks and intermittently doing situps and pushups. I won't be able to do consecutive days, but have high hopes for the resuls I will see. Keeping up with the running though. The endorphins are great!
    :happy:
  • jamlastsforages
    Options
    I couldn't sleep (it's twenty past four in the morning here) so I thought I'd turn on 30DS and attempt level one to get the feel of it and, my God, I didn't die! Yes, my expectation of myself at the moment is very low. I was bathed in sweat (remind me I need to mop the floor) and I'm pretty much shaking as I type this but it feels great! Looking forward to officially begin the Shred! *grin like an eejit*
  • Jadbaa
    Jadbaa Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I just did day 18! I haven't skipped a day and that's a great feeling! No excuses! You can do and it and you'll love the results! If I can do it so can you! Check out my pictures...I took 2 before and then 2 at 15 days! Good luck!

You have awesome results after only 15 days! I hope I have similar results. My belly is where I need to lose the most.

If anyone wants to add me as a friend that would be great! I need as much support as I can get since this is the only place that I get any.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    30DS is great, I did it 30days straight plus extra cardio 2-3 times a week but Jillian recommends doing the video 2 days, than cardio one day, video 2 days, cardio 1 day and then rest. But to each their own. I lost 13inches in total and 1.4lbs. (i'm on the last 10lbs so the weight doesn't come off easy). All in all level 2 is the hardest. The first three days are the worse, the third day I was yelling at the tv and barely could move lol. But after that I was golden. Good luck!! Make sure to take measurements and before and after pictures because the scale sometimes lies!!

Totally agree! First 3 days are horrid but the fourth day is like "Woah? I can walk and sit down and stand up with out screaming??" Does she say on the video that we're supposed to do the vid 2 days and then cardio 1 and then the vid 2 days, etc? I keep seeing people comment about this but I haven't seen or heard her mention that so I'm wondering where I missed it?

She mentioned it in another video that she made right after it and I read it online...dont remember where tho
  • ljs381217
    Options
    hi...thanks...i went with the 3 lbs also....i started on april1st and i have faithfully done it every morning before work....today is the first day i actually made it all the way through level one with out taking a bunch of breaks...lol...and today is the first day i can walk again normally....haha...i guess i didnt realize i am so outta shape....
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to start Level 2 tonight and from what people are saying - it isn't going to be pretty! Hopefully I won't be too sore to do my Insanity workout in the morning!
  • jamlastsforages
    Options
    I've just finished Level 2 for the 1st time! It was a struggle for me. Couldn't be more relieved when it was cooldown time. I don't know if I'm ready to go on with L2 but I'll try again tomorrow.
  • cjbennett2012
    cjbennett2012 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Lost 12 lbs on it :) not bad for a guy as we struggle to stick with things. Seriously though it's a good starter DVD and gets u motivated and builds up from there.
  • valenief
    valenief Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    good luck its a great workout love jm!!!
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 25 and love it! I plan on starting Ripped in 30 next. Good luck & stick with it!

Day 11 - and I wanna do RIPPED next, too!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I am on day 6, and it does get easier. But don't get me wrong...you will still bust your butt!
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm at D06L02 and loving it.
    Already lost 16cm (~6.3 in).

I can see differences in the shape of my body. I'm loving my new butt :bigsmile:
  • Altruista75
    Options
    I move on to level 3 tomorrow!
  • jamlastsforages
    Options
    Hey! So it's April 17 here in Singapore and I've been doing the 30DS for fifteen days, I think (I started on March the 29th). I've skipped a few days but never more than two days in a row. I moved to Level 2 almost a week ago and it's been hell and I haven't really gotten the hang of it so what I do is I do both Level 1 and 2 in one session. I've also started going to the gym. I aim for at least two times a week.

It hasn't really been that much of a noticeable change in myself maybe because I still eat junk though in much, much less amount that I used to but I have noticed that my tummy isn't as yucky. YAY! I have a pair of jeans that used to cut into my belly. Now they don't anymore. Double YAY! The best part, though, is when I catch a glimpse of ab muscles which I didn't know were there because of the thick layer of fat.

Actually, no. That's not the best part. This is: when I'm late for work and I run for the train, I don't pant anymore. Now why didn't I decide to exercise sooner?
  • MamaEdmund
    MamaEdmund Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Did 12 days of the shred in late Jan/early Feb and then abandoned it.........but I'm thinking I need to be getting on this. I'm also returning to work on June 3rd and would like to be in slightly better shape than when I left a year ago (9 months pregnant, LOL). This might be the fire I need.....feel free to add me as a friend. There's also a Jillian Michaels group.
  • Altruista75
    Options
    I finished this workout yesterday! I was doing Insanity in the mornings and 30DS at night! I lost over 6 pounds in those 30 days!! I haven't had a chance to measure myself but I'm super happy with the results!!
  • astina10
    astina10 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the information. I had no idea the videos were on youtube. I'll be starting today now!