At Home Workouts?

Options
I don't usually have the time to go to the gym more than 1-2 times a week, so I want to start stepping up my at home workouts. I am wondering how long you usually work out for at home and what type of exercises you do? Video links or descriptions would be very appreciated since I'm still new to everything and I don't always understand how to do certain exercises(like I don't know what deadlifts, hypers, etc. are. Nothing but the basics/self-explanatories yet lol). I also don't have any weights or other equipment yet, although I'm working on that! I also want to start slower, so no P90X or Insanity, stuff like that for now, although that's what I'm aspiring for!! Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Jillian michaels has some really great videos!! 30 day shred, ripped in 30, killer buns and thighs are some of my faves!!!
  • BlitzClipz
    BlitzClipz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks hun :) I'm trying the 30 Day Shred now :)

Anyone else got anything?
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hannah watermans body blitz!! great work out! she is annoying but the workout is good.
  • jenn5686
    jenn5686 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My newest obsession for working out at home is The Gymbox. They have tons of workouts (new ones added every week!) ranging from cardio dancing, pilates, step aerobics, core strength, strength training, extreme cardio, kickboxing. It's $10/month for a subscription and you can either stream it through a Roku box or download their free online software.

http://www.thegymbox.com/
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I agree that you can't go wrong with a Jillian Michaels workout. Try 30 Day Shred, then Ripped in 30. Good luck!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Jillian michaels has some really great videos!! 30 day shred, ripped in 30, killer buns and thighs are some of my faves!!!

Love the Jillian ones, also of her's - Shred it with weights.

If these videos feel too easy for you, add heavier weights.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Leslie sansone walking dvd's are good ... and all the biggest loser ones .... slim in 6 is great too
  • nancycsel
    nancycsel Posts: 47
    Options
    I love Lindsay Brin's boot camp DVD. It's a bunch of 10 min interval work outs and 3 min core work. I do as many as I have time to do that day.

http://www.lindsaybrin.com/
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    thanks for asking this. I was about to until I saw yours. I don't have a gym to go to around me.
  • BlitzClipz
    BlitzClipz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I have some awesome workout ideas now!! I'm really excited to get going on some of them!!!!