No offense, Easter Bunny, but...

Options
...ok seriously, people! Enough with the candy in the office! Someone brought in jellybeans (the good kind -- Starburst) and every two seconds i hear the jingle jangle of people digging into the glass jar. I never think of them/want them until I hear someone else munching. SO irritating!

However, yesterday, when people were digging in, I went to reach for some and a girl said, "Have some - join the fat train!" And that was all I needed to run away! Today I'm holding strong --- Jellybean intake is at ZERO, and I stuck to my healthier snacks. We'll see how long my willpower lasts, lol.

Does anyone else struggle with food pushers in the office? What are your coping mechanisms?? :smile:

Replies

• regina2063
    regina2063 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    yes i have hopped on the train many of times i figure i just have to add it in, but dont want to deny myself of every food
  • MelsFitLife
    MelsFitLife Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I keep tunnel vision...stay out of our break room...and think about how much I have lost not eating the junk ! That usually gets me through.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    People are eating unwrapped candy from a communal jar? Given that about half of everyone doesn't wash their hands after using the restroom, I'd think it would be easy to resist that.
  • jackeroo83
    jackeroo83 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    People are eating unwrapped candy from a communal jar? Given that about half of everyone doesn't wash their hands after using the restroom, I'd think it would be easy to resist that.

Most dump it into their palm, but I think your post just gave me added strength (and an urge to vom), lol!
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options

^^ Now that is an escellent reason to say no! Thank you so much for posting that :flowerforyou:
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    Haha glad I could help. I'm not usually all that concerned about germs and such, but unwrapped candy jars gross me out. The place I used to work had an article posted in the restroom talking about an actual study done on how many people wash their hands, and it was not encouraging.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Haha glad I could help. I'm not usually all that concerned about germs and such, but unwrapped candy jars gross me out. The place I used to work had an article posted in the restroom talking about an actual study done on how many people wash their hands, and it was not encouraging.

Got to agree. It seems almost every time I walk into the toilets at work, and make my way to a cubicle, I end up listening to someone who's already in flushing, walking to the door and walking out. I end up trying to open the doors to escape the room with my sleeve pulled over my hand - might be going a bit far but it shocks me how many people don't bother.

Also, there's a girl at work who hoards all the sweets she can get her hands on. She doesn't work in the same office now, but used to, and she'd eat far more than her fair share. She's an attention seeker and likes making up illnesses amongst her many other attention-seeking behaviours. She'd been fake coughing and spluttering for a week over the chocolates, then eventually someone saw them and asked her to hand them over. They got passed around and I didn't know how to say anything. It was a few hours later, she'd gone home and someone commented on how sick they were of her coughing, and then went "Oh, and she was sat with the chocolates all week..."

Oops.

I'm fine with nicely wrapped communal goodies, but unwrapped? Not a chance.
  • ChristinaOlliver
    ChristinaOlliver Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I always keep a small supply of things like cereal bars/fruit so that I can eat that instead, yet still feel satisfied because I'm eating when everyone else is, if that makes sense!
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    Does anyone else struggle with food pushers in the office? What are your coping mechanisms?? :smile:
    Oh yeah, there was a question here. I have a treat if I want it (like if it's homemade or something especially good), but with regular candy and stuff I don't find it too tempting. I just remember that if I really want candy, I'll go buy the kind I like. I don't have to take it just because it's there.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Its Easter for petes sake !!! Eat some jellybeans! once a year to keep things festive!!!!! I got some great big ones for the grandkids...7 jellybeans 160 calories and ohhh so good. I have had my fill now..onward to White hotdogs for Memorial day!