im hoping to make it through the c25k program

Options
Im hoping I can finish the c25k program this time around. Last time I gave up around week 3. So this time im going to repeat each week. That way i will really be ready... so im hoping this will work. I really want to be able to run without stopping ....
I also have started doing the workout hiit.

Replies

• phillieschic
    Options
    You got this! :bigsmile:
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Last year I did two 5ks. But i had to walk part of it. Im hoping not this time.
  • sunnyrunner77
    sunnyrunner77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You can do it, you've got all kinds of support now! I'm on W1D3 of C25K, we can encourage (and commiserate with) each other!
  • Melissaol
    Options
    That sounds good. I just got done with week 1 day 3. Tonight. It felt so good. The only thing is that next week scares me.
  • Melissaol
    Options
    This morning i did w2d1 of the c25k program. It didnt go very well. I had a hard time running the whole minute and half. So i will be repeating this week again.
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    You can do it if I can!

I'm on week 4 day 2, it has gotten harder but I'm going to push through. I'm thinking about doing week 4 over again before going on to week 5.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you need support! I have my first 5k on April 21st.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I was never a runner, hated even when I was in young and in shape. I struggle my way through C25K taking weeks sometimes to complete a wee when guess what? I finally completed C25K and am now on week of Bridge to 10K!!! You can do this!
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Good work! And slow down the run even more if it helps. I had to do that in order to get past week 4. Endurance first, speed later.
  • Modmomma79
    Options
    You totally can do it! I've completed week 3 and will be moving on to week 4 on Sunday. Plus, I'm doing 30DS and I never thought I would be the type to want to get into jogging/running, but I LOVE IT! I always look forward to getting home to do the program. I've noticed my tummy is starting to slim a bit.
  • Riotgirl77
    Riotgirl77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It is not east to do and I didnt successfully complete it my first go round either. I am working on it again with my Hubby and I am doing better. I just did W2D2 yesterday and it was tough and I dread next week but I am glad to know there are people like me out there. All I see at the gym are people running for a Looooong time I feel inferior and embarrassed. WE ALL CAN DO IT!!! Just gotta have some support!
  • denomyth
    denomyth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sat on couch playing on FB while watching my 32 year old son go through the c25k program twice, now it's time for me to get started, watching him get healthier and healthier has really motivated me. heading out for day 1, wish me luck...he suggested since I haven't run in years that I should start by walking faster when it comes to the running intervals, so that is what I will do the first time around, that is unless I can do the running right away :). Wish me luck. :wink:
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this.... just believe in yourself!!!!

Last March I started my "healthy journey".... I was only able to walk on treadmill, not run. I think I walked a 21 minute mile. I kept at it... and became a faster and faster walker. Then... I tackled C25K on the treadmill... and then outside. I finished the outside program at the end of November, and ran my first 5K less than a week later with a very respectable time. I then ran a 2nd 5K in January, a 5 mile run in February, and I just did my first 10K a few weeks ago. Coming from someone who was NEVER a runner, if you stick with it, it does get better and easier. My longest run to date has been 7.5 miles. My goals are to try and run a race a month, and train for the Disney 1/2 marathon next January.

Stick with it.... repeat weeks if you have to.... go slower if it's too hard.... make sure you have excellent, fitted running shoes that someone at a running store helped you select (makes a huge difference)..... don't give up.... you CAN do this!!!
  • sbjmorgan
    sbjmorgan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! I just started yesterday and I'm still feeling the burn but we are both going to be runners after this! :)
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I am working on the program myself. I'm currently in week 1. And, sadly, I can't do it -- yet. This morning I did a little more than half of the first week. I did four rounds completely and a little bit of the fifth. Yeah, that's how bad of shape I am in. I am going to keep doing it until I can get through three days perfectly then move on to week 2.

I know I can do it! I know you can do it!

It just takes time and effort. It took me a couple months of working twice a week until I could do a pull up. But I eventually did them and am working on adding more and building more strength. I figure running will be a lot like that. Small progress but eventually I will reach my goal.
  • mkmacf
    mkmacf Posts: 101
    Options
    Tomorrow evening I start Week 4 of the C25K program. I'm really starting to enjoy it, so we shall see how it goes. Add me if you want, we can cheer each other on!
  • dmf711
    dmf711 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Just finished the very first day and I have to admit..... I'm dead tired! I got through it but it wasn't easy. I'm glad I did it though and I'm really looking forward to making some progress through the program. However, I'm not sure if any of you are having this problem but the app on my Android phone wasn't picking up GPS, so the only stats I got from today was the start time. I checked the settings and made sure the GPS setting was correct, but still nothing. I'm hoping FitBit can fill in the blanks for me.

Anyway, please feel free to add me as a friend on this journey. We can do this together!
  • lohitverma
    lohitverma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    hang in there and as advised earlier - go slow

i also benefited from getting the right shoes and they helped a great deal
  • spielundsport
    Options
    Could you please explain c 25 k program. I don't have a clue what you are talking about.
    Thank you
    Linny
  • Melissaol
    Options
    On friday morning im going to repeat week 2 day 1. Again. Just because today was a bad run. I couldnt even finish the 90secc25k run. So i dont want to go on. Until I can really do it. I was trying to run at 6.0 but i think i might lower it alittle. I just dont think i was in the mood for running. So friday will be better.
  • sassika
    sassika Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am doing a running program and I'm at week 7. Yes I have repeated a week and yes it's getting easier even so it was some weeks an uphill struggle. But I was able to run a mile last weekend without stopping and I think I could have done another extra mile (and did my running program in the afternoon)
    :) What ever you do, don't give up and you will get there xx

And I wouldn't worry to much about speed that's something that will come with time :)