Craving time. D:

So, I'm only a few days in. I need a wee bit of help choosing something better than what I'm craving. It'd be so easy for me to satisfy the craving for a burger covered in cheese on the way home since I pass not one, not two, but THREE McDonald's on my route home, and there's a famous burger joint down the road from my work. However, right now, I'm feeling like it's too soon for me to fall off the wagon. If I do this early on, I'm afraid I'll give up.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should have instead?

Replies

• Been there, sooo many times, and it's usually some random craving that drives me off my course. What helps me is finding a healthy food/snack that I really like. Experiment with a bunch of veggies, fruits, granola bars, etc. until you find one you really like. For me it was sweet peas. I can eat those like candy, plus they're healthy and low in calories. When I went to the store I found there are a lot of fruits and veggies I had never even heard of before like star fruits, which taste great and are supposed to be good for your skin too!

Once you find your "go to craving substitute" pack it with you when you go out. That way when you have a craving you can eat your healthy snack instead. And if this doesn't work for you, just remember your reason for wanting to get healthy. When you feel those cravings coming on, just think to yourself "if I give in I won't reach my goal" or "I need to stay on track. I'll feel so much better about myself after I lose the weight".

Best of luck! :smile: