Mesurement Question!

Options
Hi All,

This is my first time that I will be measuring as I go... my question is: How often do I measure? Once a week? Once every other week? Once a month!? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

844785.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• BriskaPacojame
    Options
    bump
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i try to remember to do it every other week, but sometimes its just once a month when i weigh in - i think weekly is too often though.
  • steffo365
    steffo365 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I would like to know this as well! I have my starting measurements and measured again yesterday ( at my two week mark), but no change in inches yet :[. I might be rushing it..
  • wish3s
    wish3s Posts: 14
    Options
    I normally measure about once a month.... except for when I plateau for a bit. When that happens, I measure each week I am stuck to keep me motivated.
  • ericagee2011
    Options
    I would do it once a month. You wouldn't want to get discouraged if you don't lose inches in a week. Good luck!
  • chrisy0316
    Options
    When I did Curves, they only measured once a month. I tried to measure once a week, b/c otherwise I'd forget where exactly I measured last time. I am trying this method again, starting today also, the tape measure is staring at me now, impatiently waiting to be used...
    Good Luck!!
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I measure once a month so I can see a bigger change :wink:
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I only started measurements last Wednesday and took them again this week - I'd lost inches! I plan to keep it up weekly as the scale doesn't seem to agree with me.
  • Megdonald1
    Megdonald1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I agree. One time a month is gonna work best for most people. Too often and you might get discouraged. Best of luck!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

This is my first time that I will be measuring as I go... my question is: How often do I measure? Once a week? Once every other week? Once a month!? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

844785.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

I measure once per week, I measure: bust, waist, belly, hips, left thigh, right thigh, left calf, right calf and I measure to the nearest eighth of an inch.

It is quite a curious observation to see the measurements shrink!
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am measuring once a month. I do it while using a mirror to help guide me so I know the tape measure is even an at the largest/smallest point. I put the results on a sticky note and keep them on my closet mirror with body fat%, weight and measurements.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    once a month. you can take progress pictures too.
  • stephen_jones
    Options
    do it once a week because if you do it monthly and you are putting ON inches,you can change the way you diet before goin too far
  • katielweaver
    katielweaver Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the input! I'm scared to do it too soon because I don't want to be disappointed if I don't lose any inches. And btw, I really CAN spell, I just realized that I spelled measurement wrong on my topic! Haha sorry :)