Didn't Eat Enough Yesterday-Question

Options
So I was out of work for 30 days and went back on Sunday. For the 30 days I was out I was only going to school. Therefore, I had plenty of time to make sure I had all my calories for the day. I generally eat anywhere from 1500-1800 calories.

Yesterday rolls around and I forgot what it was like to work 8-4 and then go right to school until 7 (and last night we got out two hours early!).

Needless to say, I had a protein shake in the morning and didn't eat until I got home at around 7:30. Meaning I was running off of about 250 calories from that morning.

So I wanted to eat, and got through about a quarter of a salad and half a piece of chicken with cheese and roasted peppers.

I think I might have netted about 600-700 calories yesterday.

My question is, should I eat more today to make up for that or treat it like a binge and just forget about it and move on. I'm right on track today.

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    if you're hungry then eat. if not then forget about it and plan better in the future.
  • SilentRenegade
    SilentRenegade Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    That was my plan, just curious to see what others thought about it.

I always see the "help I've binged!" threads, but never one where "help I anti-binged!"
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    I say if you are hungry today it is okay to over eat a little (as long as they are good calories) but if you aren't don't set out to make up the difference.
  • mmbertrand
    Options
    I agree with the previous posts, eat if you're hungry!

You should try to plan snacks when you don't have time to eat though, apples and yogurt, nuts, granola bars... easy things that you can just grab and go!

Good luck!
  • alliover
    alliover Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about what happened yesterday. Today is a whole new day :) One piece of advice though.... be careful if you eat granola bars... most are high in carbs and sugar.
  • SilentRenegade
    SilentRenegade Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about what happened yesterday. Today is a whole new day :) One piece of advice though.... be careful if you eat granola bars... most are high in carbs and sugar.

I can't eat most of them anyway because they have gluten in them. I tend to stay away from high carb and high sugar things anyway. :D