I'm 66 and I still care how I look

Options
I found myfitnesspal while looking for a calorie chart. I love this site! It sure beats writing everything on a piece of paper and then trying to find the calorie count, which I know I wouldn't have continued to do.

I only want to lose a final 8 pounds that has stubbornly hung on for weeks. I decided that I needed to find out exactly how many calories I was consuming each day even though I thought I was eating very little.

I work out at Curves at least three times a week and try to walk on the treadmill 3 times a week. I hope keeping track of my food intake will be the magic bullet.

Replies

• ronalyn
    ronalyn Posts: 6
    Options
    I found myfitnesspal while looking for a calorie chart. I love this site! It sure beats writing everything on a piece of paper and then trying to find the calorie count, which I know I wouldn't have continued to do.

I only want to lose a final 8 pounds that has stubbornly hung on for weeks. I decided that I needed to find out exactly how many calories I was consuming each day even though I thought I was eating very little.

I work out at Curves at least three times a week and try to walk on the treadmill 3 times a week. I hope keeping track of my food intake will be the magic bullet.
  • DianneLynn
    DianneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    AS YOU SHOULD!!! Congratulations & Welcome to MFP!

It is a proven fact that journaling what you eat as well as preplanning your meals are vital to success in reaching your goals.

You are truly an inspiration and I am following in your footsteps!
  • ronalyn
    Options
    Thank you, DianneLynn. What nice comments!
  • moonshadow
    Options
    I was really happy to hear from an older person. I'm 55yrs old and want to get back in shape. I know we have the one thing in common, being over weight but I still felt out of place. And one of these days Ill figure out how to download a picture
  • moonshadow
    Options
    Are you going to start an excercise program? I sometimes go to the gym but lately I've been recording an excercise program off T V and doing it when I want to
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: I am 58 yrs old and this site is helping me so much, I don't think I could do it as well with out it. You are an inspiration for me, glad to have met you.
  • ronalyn
    Options
    Moonshadow, I go to Curves (www.Curves.com) three or more times a week and I am lucky to have a treadmill that I try to use three times a week for at least 30 minutes. Excercise videos are great, too.
  • ronalyn
    Options
    Thank you, auntkaren, I'm really happy to have found this site.