Vitamins & Supplements

Options
Hi All-

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on vitamins & supplements for women to take while trying to lose weight/build muscle? I've been told a mutlivitamin, but is there a specific brand that anyone recommends? I've also been told to take fish oil since I started lifting. Does anyone know a specific brand or will any do? Any advice you all can give is greatly appreciated!

Chanel

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is a brand I trust, they make Opti-Women.

Fish oil advice, get enteric coated pills, and make sure is it moleculary filtered. The coating prevents the fish burps. The molecular filtering gets rid of all the bad stuff.
  • ka3343
    ka3343 Posts: 45
    Options
    It is all made in the same factory just charged different prices - so just buy Boots own multivitamins or something.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    One-a-day is a fine multivitamin! Not sure what fish oil has to do with lifting... But not a bad thing to take either. I've been told cod liver oil is better than just generic fish oil, but i haven't really noticed a difference.
  • hoffman1990
    hoffman1990 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i use ALIVE whole food vitamins for women. they are awesome!! my hair & nails grow so fast. i take them right before i go to sleep because they can make me a little nausea.
  • brown0928
    brown0928 Posts: 49
    Options
    [Fish oil advice, get enteric coated pills, and make sure is it moleculary filtered. The coating prevents the fish burps. The molecular filtering gets rid of all the bad stuff.
    [/quote]

That burp is the one thing I remember so THANK YOU for this advice! :flowerforyou:
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I went with a quality liquid fish oil to bump up my Omega-3's. This is the brand my gym carries. No fish burps and I actually like the tangerine flavor. You can get a high dose this way without taking so many pills. I do a teaspoon a day. A little pricey for the bottle but it lasts a long time. I keep it in the fridge but I don't think it's necessary.

http://www.strongerfasterhealthier.com/products/omega_3-oil
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, any multi-vitamin will do unless you're a serious into fitness. But ditto on Omega-3s.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a few things right now. I take Fish oil for general health and Biotin for my hair and nails. I also take CLA because for me personally it's helped my stomach area as well as reduced my body fat percentage. I just started to take African Mango because I'm a sucker for Dr. Oz. Really, the jury is stil out on that one. It was so cheap on Amazon I thought what the heck but didn't really expect to work. But, I started Monday and I'm down 2 1/2 pounds since then (and this after a three day weekend of excess with birthday celebrations). Coincidence maybe...but I'm planning to finish the two bottles I bought just to check it out.