MFP vs. Lose It

Options
I wondered if anyone has used both and your thoughts. I like the app for Lose It better than MFP...it feels more functional and easy to use.
Thoughts???

Replies

• Minimooshable
    Options
    I've never heard of that one but I'll check it out. I used to be very active on FoodFocus as it's very visual and I love a good weight-loss graph, but I prefer the social aspect on here. And I like that it has plenty of UK food brands logged, that's quite difficult to find.
  • cmayfield3
    cmayfield3 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I used LoseIt for a long time but once I found MFP I never looked back. I feel MFP is more flexible and versatile. For example on LoseIt you are stuck using their portion sizes and fractions... you can't log 2/5 of something.
  • nebulinda
    nebulinda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    LoseIt is prettier and easier to use. Their reporting is great: tons of graphs! However, MFP has a MUCH larger database of foods, and you can do more with it. For me, LoseIt was a more pleasant experience, but MFP is a more useful experience, so I use MFP now.
  • xhereinmyheadx
    xhereinmyheadx Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've noticed LoseIt gives me more calories. It says I can eat 1472 calories and lose 1 and a half pounds per week. Whereas with MyFitnessPal AND counting exercise, I can eat 1472 calories and lose 0.6 pounds per week.

I say screw it. I'm gonna eat 1472 calories cause I'm starting a new job and I can't go around feeling dizzy. 1 and a half pounds per week sounds like good, slow weight loss to me. I'm gonna see how it goes! If it works, I'll still log my food on here, cause the database is bigger. Plus, people post more on the message boards here than on LoseIt.
  • LingonberryLover
    Options
    Like xhereinmyhead said, LoseIt lets you eat more. I can eat 1600 cal with LoseIt, but only 1300 with MFP. It makes a big difference, so I'm going to start out here staying between 1300-1600 until I hit a plateau. I also agree that the reporting is much better on LoseIt because you get a color-coded pie chart telling you how much of each food group you have left during the day and that was super helpful nutrition-wise. LoseIt still has a good database, not as good as MFP, but you can adjust things if you know the general amount of cals. The chart on MFP sucks compared to LoseIt, but I switched mainly for the message boards and because I really need a progress ticker emotionally and that's a critical feature for me that LoseIt just didn't offer unfortunately.