Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Destined To Thwart Myself

I swear, if anything's going to be the downfall of my weight loss, it'll be me.

I feel guilty if I go over my calories, & I want to stop logging food so I can ignore how many calories I'm actually eating. I only have 190 calories left for today & I haven't had dinner yet! D:

I've only been here for maybe a week, & I'm already wanting to cheat. How do you deal with the guilt when you eat too many calories? (exercising for extra isn't an option today)

Replies

• kalikelli
    kalikelli Posts: 22
    I go over 200 or so calories a few times a week if I'm hungry and out of calories for the day. You can either go over a bit or tough it out the rest of the day and start over tomorrow.

One day of going over doesn't mean crap in the overall big picture, think about how little it will mean if you spend the next six months sticking to it!

The best thing for me is adding food as it goes in my belly, I can say okay it's 9:30am and my cereral and milk was 350 calories and start to think about what I'm planning for lunch and get a rough estimate of what'll be left for dinner and evening snack.

I'm on a huge calorie deficit and like I said sometimes I go over a little if my body is telling me I'm still hungry. I just try and be smart about it and make it some fruit or yogurt instead of a triple baconator meal like I normally would try and cure hunger pains with.
  • I've been starting to be better about eating fruit instead of junk food (keeping it in the house & not letting it go bad *LOL*).
    I'm pretty good about putting what I've eaten down either before or right after I eat it. I'll keep that up & try not to let my overages bother me too much (unless it becomes an ongoing issue)

I think I might be too hard on myself :P I'm still getting used to portion sizes & how many calories are in different foods, & like a boss I didn't bother allowing myself an adjustment period
  • Heartpath
    Heartpath Posts: 33
    I went over calories yesterday and don't feel bad about it. I didn't gain this weight all in one day, and one day is not going to be the way I lose it. This is a lifelong way of eating now. There's a lot to learn along the way.

If you decide to not log, in the end the person you're not being honest with is yourself.
  • I went over calories yesterday and don't feel bad about it. I didn't gain this weight all in one day, and one day is not going to be the way I lose it. This is a lifelong way of eating now. There's a lot to learn along the way.

If you decide to not log, in the end the person you're not being honest with is yourself.

that is a VERY good point. I'd rather be honest with myself than pretend there's nothing wrong & continue along the way I've been going so far. After all, if I'm going to turn a blind eye to my eating habits every time I don't do as well as I would like, then nothing is going to change.