Best Protein Bar

What is the best protein bar you have found so far? Taking into consideration amount of protein and amount of calories. I haven't searched much but so far Pure Protein has been my best 20g protein and 200 calories, but looking to try something new any suggestions?

Replies

• KimKramer
    KimKramer Posts: 44
    I love Luna PROTEIN bars, the Mint Chocolate is 14g protein and 170 calories! It works for me when I am craving something sweet! But yes agree Pure Protein has the best protein to calorie ratio
  • JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    Pure protein has been the one i've stuck with after not finding any better alternatives (factoring in price and protein count). Finding a good flavor is hard though. The chocolate peanut butter one is about the only one I like. The others I tolerate- if that.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Mine, way more cheaper, and tasty :

1 tbsp of honey
    1 scoop of whey
    0.5 scoop of casein
    25 gr of oatmeal
    1 tsp of coconut powder
    Few water

Shape it by hand, and leave it on the air during 2 hours
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Yup making my own then store in the refrigerator. SO much cheaper

Premade ones I like Quest Bars best
  • Niki130
    Niki130 Posts: 85
    I am obsessed the Jamie Eason's protein bar recipes...
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-recipes-main-page.html
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    Premade ones I like Quest Bars best

^^^these are the only ones I would consider eating on a regular basis
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Bump! I've been researching a lot of (natural) protein bars recently and Luna Protein has been my best bet so far.
  • withervein
    withervein Posts: 224 Member
    I like Pure Protein as well for the protein to calorie to cash, it seems to give good bang for the buck.

I have found that I get really tired of chocolate/peanutbutter/cookie flavors though. I stopped in to my local nutrition store before my kickboxing class one night and I was famished, but knew I was about to be worked half to death, so I asked for a light recommendation that wouldnt make me feel like I was gonna vomit partway through.

They pointed me at the Power Crunch line of protein/energy bars. They are like wafer cookies so they don't feel heavy when you eat them, they taste good and they include berry flavors which is a nice change! Approx 200 calories, 14 grams of protein and 12 of fat. It's not a high protein bar, but it makes a great pre-workout snack.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    I should probably get into making my own, but I prefer CLIFF BUILDERS and Pure Protein come in second.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Light: Power Crunch 205 calories 14g protein (sold at most major gyms as well)
    Heavy: Power Bar Protein Plus 300 calories 23g protein

Best $$$$$$ at Walmart

P.S. I'm going to have to check out Pure Protein though. That ratio looks outstanding.
  • Eireann15
    Eireann15 Posts: 124
    Great ideas!! I want to make some of my own :) Going to keep that link!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    As has been said a couple times already....Quest Protein Bars...you have to order them online and they have a 99 or so percent natural line and a 100 percent natural line (Splenda vs Stevia). They range in calories, but many are only 170 cals with 20g protein. Many flavors taste great when you microwave the bar for 10 or so seconds.
  • I got horrible gas when I ate a protein bar. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, what did you do? I gave my boyfriend my bars, but I really need to eat them to add protein to my diet.
  • jheath123
    jheath123 Posts: 101
    Light: Power Crunch 205 calories 14g protein (sold at most major gyms as well)
    Heavy: Power Bar Protein Plus 300 calories 23g protein

Best $$$$$$ at Walmart

P.S. I'm going to have to check out Pure Protein though. That ratio looks outstanding.

They sell Pure Protein at walmart like 7 dollars for a 6 pack.
  • jheath123
    jheath123 Posts: 101
    How many grams of protein are in the home made ones?

I see some that they have at Vitamin world that are like 52g of protein but around 400 calories, in this scenario its just better to make a shake, but as for a snack to eat on the ride to work I prefer protein bars.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    I got horrible gas when I ate a protein bar. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, what did you do? I gave my boyfriend my bars, but I really need to eat them to add protein to my diet.
    Eat meat? Greek yogurt? You really shouldn't supplement too heavily.
  • wady24
    wady24 Posts: 75
    I really like the taste of Think Thin bars. They are 20gm of protein with about 230 calories. I have tried the creamy penaut butter & chocolate fudge flavors and like them both.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    What is the best protein bar you have found so far? Taking into consideration amount of protein and amount of calories. I haven't searched much but so far Pure Protein has been my best 20g protein and 200 calories, but looking to try something new any suggestions?

I don't know, I think they're all kinda' garbage to be honest. Most are just glorified Snickers bars with protein. Because I was traveling recently I tried the Optimum Nutrition Crunch Whey bar and that was pretty good. It was like a rice krispie treat.
  • I really like Luna or Clif bars! They come in all sorts of flavors and satisfy any sweet tooth I might have. Protein is around 10grams.
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 406 Member
    I like the Life Choice protein bar (sold at Walmart) for 21 g protein, 190 calories. really yummy in double chocolate.