New !! 22 yr old Hitting a wall after 2 a month!!!

Options
Hey there everyone!!!

I am new to this so it would be cool to have a few "friends" to talk with, support, and bounce ideas off of!

I started on my own and last 15 lbs after 2 weeks... But then I hit a wall and havnt gained anything but havnt LOST anything either for about 2 weeks!! Im starting to get angry and need some ideas!

Replies

• kltobin2010
    kltobin2010 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place - so welcome! :) I would suggest using mfp food log, it will help you keep track of what you have eaten for the day and you can see where you need to make better choices. or show you that you have eaten too little for the day Then exercise and log it and do your best to eat some of those exercise calories back. Fueling the body helps to burn the fat! Good luck! Hope that helped a bit!
  • angielautenbach
    angielautenbach Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Your initial weight loss probably had alot to do wih water weight. Since it is not very healthy to loose more then 2lbs a week. At the beginning it takes awhile to your body to adjust to the new changes so can take a few weeks even a month for the weight to stop dropping. Once it does you should be loosing 1-2lbs a week consistly. Hope that helps. Drink lots of water!!!
  • hounds726
    hounds726 Posts: 63
    Options
    Welcome! And congrats on the initial loss!

I totally understand where you are at because I am there too! It could be a lot of things, honestly. High sodium consumption forcing you to retain water, not eating enough (NETTING less than 1200 calories) or your body has gotten used to what you are doing. Change up your workout routine a bit, make sure you are netting 1200 calories or more (personally, I recommend 1400) and most importantly, DONT GIVE UP! You are worth it :) Best of luck to you!
  • fatcellsuck
    fatcellsuck Posts: 184
    Options
    Give it more time, your body is only just adjusting to working out. Workout a few more months passed the threshold, your body will realize that you mean business, and follow you. :)
  • JesBroberg
    Options
    I'm pretty new too so feel free to add and we can help eachother : )
  • Brittneysfat
    Options
    Iv been eating pretty good (I think!) For instance today I had some left over chicken pasta (Chicken breast and a little pasta for about 100 cals) a smoothie (half a banana, low cal yogurt and skim milk 170 cals) White fish with some crushed up fiber cereal for coating that was 140 cals, and brocoli, Im trying to get to 1400 calories a day, so Il probably have another piece of fish, a pita with some greek yogurt dip, and possibly some fresh home made popcorn with the hockey game (GO NUCKS) haha. I eat like this most days! usually some sort of pasta or bread, protein from chicken breast, shrimp of salmon or white fish.
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    Are you eating enough calories?
  • MNmuncher
    MNmuncher Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I went through the same exact thing! I did lose a lo t of water weight but I was still a little bummed. I would recommend changing your workouts up. I tend to plateau pretty fast and realize that's why I didn't lose in the past. Also make sure you are fueling your body. The calorie tracker has helped me soon much!! Add me if you need a buddy :)