1.6 Lousy Pounds! Hmph

Options

Replies

• ReneeElizabeth26
    Options
    Thanks everybody...and for those who want my 1.6 pounds lost Ive decided to keep it :) When i set up my profile it told me to stay at 1200 cal a day thats why I am doing that. I am not hungry though...its not like I am starving myself or anything...I guess its just trial and error..I appreciate everyones feedback though!! And Im looking for motivated friends too...add me if youd like!
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody...and for those who want my 1.6 pounds lost Ive decided to keep it :) When i set up my profile it told me to stay at 1200 cal a day thats why I am doing that. I am not hungry though...its not like I am starving myself or anything...I guess its just trial and error..I appreciate everyones feedback though!! And Im looking for motivated friends too...add me if youd like!

You should be eating the calories you burn through exercise though. The number you see at the top of the main screen when you log in should be as close to 0 at the end of the day as possible.
  • ReneeElizabeth26
    Options
    But dont we exercise to burn cal to lose the weight?
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    But dont we exercise to burn cal to lose the weight?

When you set up your profile here and the site gave you your daily calorie goal you are already eating at a deficit. That's why when you enter your exercise your calorie and macro goals change. You should be eating more when you exercise. Your body needs fuel to function.

Say you ate 1,200 calories today and you burned off 600 with various exercise.... your body really only has 600 to run on. That is not enough.

This site is designed to give you a calorie deficit to lose weight not including exercise. Exercise gives you bonus calories. You are still at a calorie deficit by eating those exercise calories. Fast weight loss isn't healthy... nor is not giving your body enough fuel to function properly.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    That's a lot!
    I've been doing p90x2 for EIGHT WEEKS and I've only lost 1.5 lbs.
  • msbellzee
    msbellzee Posts: 69
    Options
    I have to seriously resist the urge to get really annoyed with people who moan they are disappointed with a lose like that. 1.6 is a damn good loss for 1 week, lower your expectations
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'll take that 1.6 lbs off your hands if you don't want it :) Kthnx!
  • rachaelh84
    rachaelh84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    id kill for a 1.6lb loss, why do people complain about this? id throw a damn party

You and me both. It's not The Biggest Loser where you're going to drop 13 pounds a week.
  • tiffanypardus
    Options
    almost done my 3rd week and I've only lost a pound. :explode:
  • msbellzee
    Options
    And I have PMS, so anyone is likely to piss me off right now :cry:
  • viser_haut
    viser_haut Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    1.6 is a great loss, don't be disappointed! If it really bothers you try upping your water and watching sodium intake - life saver. I know it's confusing and it sounds scary when people say to eat more when you're supposedly exercising to LOSE weight but I've found it works particularly well for me. I logged around 1800 calories/day this week and lost 3.4lbs. You need to fuel your body! Well done on the loss! :drinker:
  • Quinn827
    Quinn827 Posts: 9
    Options
    So...You do realize that P90X is a very hardcore workout! You go girl! So I looked at your food diary and you are WAY LOW on calories. You want to boost your metabolism. Eat every 3 hours a small meal. Eat more protein, you are trying to build muscle. Watch the sugar intake there are hidden sugars in many foods. Do not be discouraged. The scale is going in the right direction!:happy:
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    If you read the paperwork that comes with p90x they recommend at least 1800 calories a day. You won't be able to sustain the workout on that few calories. You can do what you want of course but you will not benefit from the program the way it was written and the way it was meant to be used if you don't follow it. Of course this is just my opinion. But I think the research and recommendations of the program are pretty solid and should be followed. Eating that few calories on such an intense workout will not let you build the muscle you should build and lose the fat you want to lose. Not to mention you could get dizzy and lightheaded as you go along in the program and that is just not fun. If you do not have the book here is the fitness guide http://p90xblog.co/documents/p90x-fitness-guide.pdf and here is the nutrition plan http://www.teambeachbody.com/home/-/dl_get_file/32ea4c06-2287-4660-8adc-8db758929d28. The info about what you need to eat is on page 3 of the nutrition plan. I don't claim to know it all about the program but I have been reading up on it since I plan to start it soon.

BTW 1.6 is an awesome loss. If you lost that much every week you are on the program you'd disappear :^D
  • ReneeElizabeth26
    Options
    Whoa now...Like I said in my original post I was just pouting and like I said in my next post..everyone was right and Ill take my loss happily so take your annoyance some where else.
    Regaurdless...I feel a lot better and Im sticking with it so thats what matters.
  • ReneeElizabeth26
    Options
    If you read the paperwork that comes with p90x they recommend at least 1800 calories a day. You won't be able to sustain the workout on that few calories. You can do what you want of course but you will not benefit from the program the way it was written and the way it was meant to be used if you don't follow it. Of course this is just my opinion. But I think the research and recommendations of the program are pretty solid and should be followed. Eating that few calories on such an intense workout will not let you build the muscle you should build and lose the fat you want to lose. Not to mention you could get dizzy and lightheaded as you go along in the program and that is just not fun. If you do not have the book here is the fitness guide http://p90xblog.co/documents/p90x-fitness-guide.pdf and here is the nutrition plan http://www.teambeachbody.com/home/-/dl_get_file/32ea4c06-2287-4660-8adc-8db758929d28. The info about what you need to eat is on page 3 of the nutrition plan. I don't claim to know it all about the program but I have been reading up on it since I plan to start it soon.

BTW 1.6 is an awesome loss. If you lost that much every week you are on the program you'd disappear :^D

Thanks for the links!!!
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    Exactly where you should be! You should be increase your calorie intake if you are working out that hard.
  • ReneeElizabeth26
    Options
    Ill def look into eating a lil bit more..what most of you have said makes a lot of sense after I think about it!! Thanks!
  • msbellzee
    Options
    I've been watching the biggest loser and whilst it's incredibly inspirational I also think it gave me unrealistic expectations about weight loss. When I started working out I expected to lose weight fast, but it's been very very slow. I sure look better, I am getting toned and I've lost a dress size, but the scales don't move quickly for me at all.

I watch Biggest Loser and they are losing anything from 6pounds - 20+ pounds in a week and it's astounding to me!
  • msbellzee
    Options
    BTW what is P90?
  • terriwpg
    terriwpg Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am dissapointed!! I worked my *kitten* off this week doing p90x and entering my cal and staying under my 1200 mark only to lose 1.6 pounds. I figured I would of lost more being my first week and all. Little discouraging to say the least...but Ima gonna stick with it. I do feel 110 percent better but man would I of liked to see the scale go in the 150's. Okay...Im done pouting.

1.6 is great! That's a good consistent weight to lose. Don't beat yourself up. Losing it too fast makes you gain it back anyhow I think.
    If you feel better that's the key. P90x...good for you!! I think that's great!! Keep it up. Don't focus too much on the calories (my trainer is teaching me this, I only keep this as a log, not for numbers)..but rather on good nutrition and it'll take care of itself. You'll get there. Good luck!