30 Day Shred...Just started!

Options
I'm only a few days into the 30DS...anyone just starting...would love to do it together! I could definitely use some pals and motivation!! I started at 131...looking to get down to 120/123....please!
Any advice will be perfect!

Replies

• feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I just started it today :)
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    I started a couple weeks ago, got sick and just started back up again yesterday! Day 2 tonight... can't wait! I have a bit more to lose than you, but feel free to add me!!
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    as a shred veteran my main advice is this: the first three days will feel like torture. after that the pain isn't nearly as bad and you will quickly find yourself getting stronger and more fit. be sure to take before pictures and measurements, even if you won't be sharing them with anyone but yourself. it's great to be able to compare!

i still throw a shred day in after a run on occasion, so it's a nice way to mix things up later on.

happy shredding!
  • Livin_Large
    Livin_Large Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm only a few days into the 30DS...anyone just starting...would love to do it together! I could definitely use some pals and motivation!! I started at 131...looking to get down to 120/123....please!
    Any advice will be perfect!

Just did day four tonight :-)
  • Kal_n_130
    Kal_n_130 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Iv been on and off of it.. i do zumba and go to gym so if im stuck at home ill just do that, started level 2 yesterday..
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of restarting it tonight. I'm definitely in, though!
  • tjones0927
    tjones0927 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I just did day 3 a few hours ago :) feel free to add me!
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I did it today..for the third time in a week. I can't do this everyday because of my schedule...and I throw in other workouts, but I will be doing this at least 3x/week for the next month. :) Feel free to add me.
  • jazzyjasgill
    jazzyjasgill Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started today as well! My goal is to get down a dress size. I'm currently at 135 and would love to get to 128!! I'm doing Weight Watchers for my diet and am trying to run a couple of times a week. Am hoping the 30 Day Shred really shocks my body to tone up and lose a few lbs in the process!! Feel free to add me too! :smile:
  • senprob1424
    senprob1424 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    yay guys!! I'm so new to all of this...j st need some motivation! I'm so gald to see that other people are right there along with me!
  • bjeanlynn
    bjeanlynn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Have that and hip hop abs they are great to do here at home
    got the weights and matt from julian Micheals for 10.00 at walmart a few months ago on red tag sale
  • footballmom12
    footballmom12 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tonight!! YAY...good luck!
  • 1brightstar
    Options
    Just did Day 5 (after a few unintentional days off). I have to say, it is already getting easier, even though I'm still feeling the pain! I plan on doing 4-5 days per week. My current weight is 150, and I'm trying to get down to 130. Good luck everyone!
  • jenniferdances1
    jenniferdances1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'll do level 1 day 6 tomorrow. I'm scared of level 2 and it's approaching fast! lol
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I will restat tonght :-)
  • cherryObebe
    cherryObebe Posts: 189
    Options
    "the first three days will feel like torture. after that the pain isn't nearly as bad and you will quickly find yourself getting stronger and more fit. be sure to take before pictures and measurements, even if you won't be sharing them with anyone but yourself. it's great to be able to compare!"

^^ THIS! ^^ I highly suggest holding the stretches much longer than JM does in her cool down. It will help you get through the soreness too. When you feel sore, push play! When you workout while you are sore, you get through it in a few days. If you take days off and then go back, you will be sore all over again. If you are really sore, soak in an epsom salt bath. You will feel better!!!

Plus, don't weigh yourself for a month. You will be gaining muscle while losing fat. The scale doesn't move much while doing 30DS. Your measurements do though!!! Taking measurements and progress photos are your real progress markers!

Also, people that do the 30DS seem to feel like if they miss a day that they have to start over. I, personally, feel this is merely an excuse. I fractured my toe in 2 places and ended up taking 5 days off in the middle of 30DS level 2. When I could get back into the groove again, I did one day at level 1, and then picked right back up where I left off! My 30DS will be 31 actual days of shredding, but will take place over the course of 36 days! Honestly, I tried to do 30DS before, but I got injured in the middle and the group I was in at that time told me to start over and that I couldn't miss days. I call BS! There will be times that life happens, like my fractures. Sometimes it is with working out and other times it is with food. The best part about a healthy journey... you get a brand new, fresh day every morning!!! If you stumble one day, just pick yourself back up, dust yourself off, and get back on track! Don't beat yourself up over it and surely, don't quit!!!

I did day 6 of level 3 of the 30DS today. 4 more days and I am done with it. Kind of sad, but happy and excited to be moving forward! I will be starting Insanity in a week. :) This was my second attempt at a home workout program and I am happy to say that I am completing it!!!

Best of luck to you! Hang in there!!! It can be tough, but feels amazing to finish. The hardest part is pushing play everyday!
  • JesiDM
    JesiDM Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 1 day 7
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I bought the DVD yesterday, gonna start it on the 1st Of April :3 so excited!
  • kelbelzz
    kelbelzz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've completed this in the beginning of last year, but I was way heavier. I restarted and I'll be on day three tomorrow :)
  • KayMarissa
    Options
    I started Day 1 today. So far I really like it! It was pretty intense for a 20 min at home workout! It reminded me a lot of my old Army workouts! ;0)