The Firm

Options
I just bought The Firm workout dvds and weights. Has anyone had success stories with this workout series? Also how would I put these in as exercise?

Replies

• msu_fan22
    Options
    I just bought The Firm workout dvds and weights. Has anyone had success stories with this workout series? Also how would I put these in as exercise?
  • llekllek
    llekllek Posts: 18
    Options
    I bought the same thing and LOVE it! Had to buy heavier weights almost immediately, but the ones included are good to start off with. First thing I noticed - all of those lunges and squats really agree with your glutes :-) Follow the plan that came with it and you'll definitely notice results.

Not sure how you'd enter it on here though , sorry.
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Options
    I would enter 1/2 cardio and 1/2 calisthenics. or 3/4 adn 1/4.
  • jmeriano
    jmeriano Posts: 35
    Options
    I love this program, but the cardio party is not that good to me. I absolutely love the body sculpting, that is the only video that I do consistently. I mix that along with Turbo Jam and jogging.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    ooh I'm interested in trying out these DVDs. Has anyone. Tried THE FIRM 500 CALORIE WORKOUT?
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    I love the FIRM and use their dvds along w/ TJ and I also walk a lot (outside and treadmill) I have gotten great results from the dvds but did have to increase the weights. I love the sculpt dvd w/ Annie and Hard Core Fusion w/ Allie. Cardio party used to wear me out but since I've been doing TJ not so much. I leave that one alone for a while and come back to it every so often. Then it seems to wear me out again, Weird, huh?
    I saw the 500 cal w/o on their website and was reading about it but haven't ordered it yet . Def going to look into that one. If anyone has some feedback please share:happy:

Have a great night -
    Janet:heart:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I have the 500 calories burn. But I use it intermittently. It is a good work out for me. I only do half of it b/c I'm too tired/lazy to do the whole thing. You do need heavier weights.

It's about 12- 5 minute segments shifting between cardio and weights. You do squats overhead press rows bicep curl and pushups in the first weight segment. The plies, curtsies and side lunges in the second. Deadlifts and lateral raises in the third etc . It's fasted paced so it took me a while to get used to all the grapevines and side step dancy stuff. But once I learned the moves it was pretty okay. I regretted buying it at first. But now I realize it's something different and I need something different.

Hope this helps.:drinker:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    This sounds real similar to hardcord fusion - as you probably know they alternate between cardio and cardio w/ weights. I still might look into it for another option.

Thanks for the info and good luck!

J:heart: